cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

m72493
Journeyman III

RADEON RX6800 BLACK SCREEN REBOOT VIDEO MEMORY MANAGEMENT INTERNAL HELP PLEASE

Never posted on a forum before for help, but this has drove me to as I just cannot take it anymore.

Issue:

When playing Call of Duty: Warzone - (Doesn't happen on Modern warfare multiplayer, don't know if thats just coincidence its never happened or not)

Game runs perfect on this card, so smooth, amazing FPS @ 1440p. The card itself when working is really impressive to be honest, I wanted a 3080 and settled for this and if it wasn't for these crashes I'd have no issue not even bothering getting  a 3080 when I can.

So playing along, after anywhere from 1 hour to 2 hours - bang game freeze, screen goes black, whole PC reboots itself, comes back on it tells me Wattman has been reset to default (i haven't even changed anything with it anyway)

I have tried

DDU'ing drivers and installing countless times. Tried different driver versions also.

Don't have any other monitoring software installed. or ICUE or anything like that.

All bios and chipset drivers up to date 

I have 2 seperate PCIE Cables going into the GPU rather than the double PCIE of of one cable from the PSU

Tried changing the power options fix

Tried testing ram - no flaws found

No issues when benchmarking the PC

Tried setting the frequency of the card to the level it says is standard to the card

Tried maxing power limit in radeon

Tried undervolting the card

I don't have many settings changed in radeon, at all 

I have AMD Sharpen 70%, Colours changed a little bit, textures set to performance, tesselation off

Thats it. 

I don't have any crashes all day then I hit warzone and after around 90 mins just solid freeze and restart its just so frustrating.

Its a new build:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 10 Core(s), 20 Logical Processor(s)

ASUS Z490-E GAMING ROG Motherboard

32gb (4x8gb) DDR4 CORSAIR 3600mhz RAM

MSI RX6800 GAMING X TRIO GPU

Gamemax 850w PSU

NZXT Cooler (I don't have NZXT CAM installed, tried with and without)

Please any suggestions would be very welcome. I just don't know what to do from here.

Whocrashed says this everytime it happens:

On Wed 24/02/2021 13:23:57 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\022421-8078-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: watchdog.sys (watchdog+0x3AD0)
Bugcheck code: 0x10E (0x36, 0xFFFFD88A6FCF8840, 0xFFFFC40666AA9C18, 0xFFFFC40666982840)
Error: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\watchdog.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Watchdog Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that the video memory manager has encountered a condition that it is unable to recover from.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

0 Likes
11 Replies
enisen
Journeyman III

Hi, same problem with us.

Me and my friend have same pc configuration.
gigabyte aorus pro b550 mainboard (f13a bios)
amd ryzen 5800x
geil 3600 mhz ram 2x8gb ram
sapphire rx6800 pulse 
corsair 750w psu

When we played Call of Duty Warzone after 2-3 hours, suddenly came up black screen or bsod error. 
I checked out all these error after the pc restarts, error code is VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL same as you.
Last night gave this error to us at same time. 

We have tried
Use DDU and installing AMD Radeon latest or WHQL version drivers.
Changing XMP option to disabled
Changing ram slot or use single of one them.

But the problem does not resolve. I could not find any solutions.

0 Likes

Hello colleagues. I had the same problem. The only driver that eliminates the problem with such an error is the driver number 20.5.1
I thought the guy sold me a bad graphics card, but I can see a lot of people have this type of problem.
Let me know if I'm still performing. I will be watching your posts;)

0 Likes

Hi, thank you for answer.

I tried to install 20.5.1 version of Adrenalin Software. But it didn't complete.

After the file extracting, there is an error appeared.

Error 182 - Radeon software install detected Amd graphics hardware in your system configuration that is not supported with this software installation.

So, i cannot try to that version.

0 Likes

Yeah I can't install that version of adrenalin either.

Stuck on 20.12.1

Same issue as prior.

I seem to have fixed it somewhat with turning off all aurasync features for the Wattman errors, and (it's gonna sound weird but found it on the internet and worked) turning off system and flipping off the powersupply switch until all lights of system turn off (lose charge), then back on.

No more wattman errors, but applications do crash with Fatal directx error 11000002 (FFXIV) and the likes. Playable, but annoying as it can pop anytime between 1-2 hours of gaming.

Hoping some new drivers come in that fix it. Hoping soon!

0 Likes

0 Likes

Hi, link is broken or incompletely copied.

0 Likes
Varny
Journeyman III

Hi guys,

I am still having this issue with my amd-radeon-rx-6800 has anyone found a long term fix for this? my PC BSOD's once every couple of days and is becoming annoying when I am mid game.

Many thanks,

Luke V

0 Likes

I did not find to any solution to fix this.

I took another gpu(3070) from my friend. I tested two days and i dont getting any crash.

So i sent gpu to technical service based on warranty. I dont know will it work. But didnt find another option.

0 Likes

I finally found a solution. You need to go to the bios and set PCI Express from auto to 3.0 or if you have 4.0 set GPU to 4.0. Remember to set your timing and everything should be fine. I have had no problems for a week now

0 Likes

I’ve been having this problem since January! Finding this thread and two separate posts on reddit has given me some solace and comfort. Knowing it’s not my fault! Has this solution settled it for you? Still having crashes? I am tempted to try and sell my RX 6800 and find a 3070/80 somehow. 

0 Likes