Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Big Boss
Big Boss

Re: Radeon RX Vega does not meet minimum requirements

liken789 wrote:

CPU paste looks good. Ran a quick Prime 95 test too and temps are stable.

it may seem counterintuitive but excess thermal paste is bad, the defects its supposed to seal are at the micron level

The Vega graphics are a supported GPU which is supported by 20.5.1 as of the last time I looked

AMD has been slow to deliver a new driver for Windows v 2004

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Just updated the Adrenalin software to 20.7.1...

Amonst the list of fixed issues is this:

• The game compatibility tab in Radeon Software may sometimes show incorrect GPU information for populated games.

But... It didn't work for my card...

Remember though... They added a new bug report tool... Use it

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

As far as I know, the data to be displayed in the Upgrade Advisor (and, accordingly, the data on the minimum and recommended requirements for games) are downloaded from the Internet. Therefore, even if you install an earlier driver, this will not solve the problem. And if you restrict Internet access for Radeon services, you simply will not see this problem, because data on the minimum requirements will not be displayed. It seems that someone messed up something and devices with the device identifier 678F were simply deleted from the list of devices somewhere on AMD servers. In fact, it’s not even funny when they offer me to “upgrade” my system by installing a Radeon RX 550 4GB instead of Radeon RX Vega⁶⁴

0 Kudos
Elite
Elite

same prob with me ?

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Well in my case my Vega kicked the bucket. I just picked up a 5700XT to hold me over until the AIB versions of the new stuff are out. I'm not having my signal loss issue and Wattman recognizes my GPU again. Not happy about having to buy a new GPU right now as I wanted to ride it out until big Navi comes but oh well. Best of luck to anyone continuing to have problems.

0 Kudos
Big Boss
Big Boss

A steam friend with a Sapphire RX 5700 XT also reports no problems

0 Kudos