Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

QuentinM
Adept I

Radeon RX 6500 XT ability to display dual 4K

Hello,

Config: Windows 64bit Pro LTSC, two Iiyama screens (ProLite XB3288UHSU), Radeon RX 6500 XT installed with the last AMD drivers.

I got trouble trying to display my desktop on dual screens in 4K resolution. The first main primary screen is correctly displayed in 4K resolution. But the second screen is hardly displaying a 640x480 desktop.

Inside Windows settings, the option to change the second screen's resolution is greyed out...

The Radeon RX 6500 XT has two external output ports (HDMI + DP), it should be able to display a dual 4K screen, isn't it?

What do you think could solve this issue?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Deleted my answer since looking at the latest RX6500XT Driver it mentions that it is compatilbe with Windows version 1809 and newer.

Screenshot 2022-12-03 192050.png

But the problem you may have is that the latest AMD Driver generally depends on the latest Windows Updates to be installed to work correctly. So unless your WIndows 2019 LTSC was recently updated via Windows update it should work normally.

I would open a AMD SUPPORT Ticket and ask them from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

EDIT: According to Microsoft Windows 2019 LTSC is the same as Windows version 1809: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/whats-new/ltsc/whats-new-windows-10-2019

So the latest drivers are compatible with your Windows versions except it might require to have the latest Windows updates installed to work correctly.

Per Microsoft concerning LTSC OS:

Long-Term Servicing Channel (LTSC)

With the Long-Term Servicing Channel, a new major version of Windows Server is released every 2-3 years. Users are entitled to 5 years of mainstream support and 5 years of extended support. This channel provides systems with a long servicing option and functional stability, and can be installed with Server Core or Server with Desktop Experience installation options. Deployments of the LTSC of Windows Server are not affected by Semi-Annual Channel releases. The Long-Term Servicing Channel will continue to receive security and non-security updates, but it will not receive the new features and functionality.

EDIT: Is this OS being used in a Server?

This thread at AMD Forum's ServerGuru concerning Windows LTSC versions from one of the moderators: https://community.amd.com/t5/server-gurus-discussions/bsod-on-windows-server-2019-build-2004-in-amdp...

The above doesn't apply to you since you aren't getting BSOD's with your AMD driver. Just posting to show the difference between regular Windows and Windows LTSC versions.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Exactly how are both Monitors connected to your GPU card?

Are you using any Adapter?

Which Windows Enterprise Pro LTSC version do you have installed?

Sounds like the AMD driver may not be totally compatible with your Windows LTSC version.

Since LTSC doesn't get the latest Windows Updates which may be required to run your AMD Driver correctly.

Try installing a previous AMD Driver from the same year as your WIndows LTSC Version and see if it works correctly or not.

QuentinM
Adept I

Thank you for your reply.

Both monitors are connected by a direct cable to the GPU outputs,  one using a HDMI cable connected to the HDMI port, one using a DP cable connected to the DP port of the GPU.

The Windows version is Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 IoT High End LTSC 1809.

I have yet to check if I can download an AMD driver from the same year.

Once I will have tested it, I'll come back here to tell the results and accept as solution if it works.

Deleted my answer since looking at the latest RX6500XT Driver it mentions that it is compatilbe with Windows version 1809 and newer.

But the problem you may have is that the latest AMD Driver generally depends on the latest Windows Updates to be installed to work correctly. So unless your WIndows 2019 LTSC was recently updated via Windows update it should work normally.

I would open a AMD SUPPORT Ticket and ask them from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

EDIT: According to Microsoft Windows 2019 LTSC is the same as Windows version 1809: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/whats-new/ltsc/whats-new-windows-10-2019

So the latest drivers are compatible with your Windows versions except it might require to have the latest Windows updates installed to work correctly.

Per Microsoft concerning LTSC OS:

Long-Term Servicing Channel (LTSC)

With the Long-Term Servicing Channel, a new major version of Windows Server is released every 2-3 years. Users are entitled to 5 years of mainstream support and 5 years of extended support. This channel provides systems with a long servicing option and functional stability, and can be installed with Server Core or Server with Desktop Experience installation options. Deployments of the LTSC of Windows Server are not affected by Semi-Annual Channel releases. The Long-Term Servicing Channel will continue to receive security and non-security updates, but it will not receive the new features and functionality.

EDIT: Is this OS being used in a Server?

This thread at AMD Forum's ServerGuru concerning Windows LTSC versions from one of the moderators: https://community.amd.com/t5/server-gurus-discussions/bsod-on-windows-server-2019-build-2004-in-amdp...

The above doesn't apply to you since you aren't getting BSOD's with your AMD driver. Just posting to show the difference between regular Windows and Windows LTSC versions.

Hello,

Thank you for your involvment in this topic.

I have been able to come back to this computer which is not a server but rather a computer usually isolated from internet. However, this last time, it was connected and probably updated itself but I could not say which of AMD or Windows Update got updated (Unfortunately, I didnt note their respective versions when I noticed the display problem, 2 weeks ago).

The wrong display behaviour was constant 2 weeks ago, and it is now fixed and constant as well, therefore something changed. But the change got operated by some automatised process and not the user!

Good to hear.

Windows Update probably installed that latest compatible driver for your version of Windows.