cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ewarren
Journeyman III

Radeon RX 580 Series Crashing

Hello! I've been experiencing some issues with my software for the past few weeks now and it's become very frustrating. I'm starting online classes next week and I don't want to have my pc crash during a lesson. The graphics card I have is the Radeon RX 580 Series, I also have a Wacom Cintiq that I use for art and a second monitor. Since getting it the crashes have been more frequent so I'm wondering if it has something to do with that? 

Basically what happens is when I open chrome (especially when I start any type of video) my screen goes black for a few seconds (5-20 seconds) and then it starts back up. During this period all audio goes out. And occasionally my monitors don't turn back on and I have to do it manually. When the screens turn back on I get a popup that says: "We detected a driver timeout has occurred on your system" and then prompts me to do a bug report. I haven't found a fix for this as of yet and it's really getting on my nerves lol 

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated! I'm still learning to be tech-savvy so I'm sorry if it's a very simple fix that I missed.

0 Likes
1 Reply
vialli100
Forerunner

Driver timeouts may be experienced while playing a game & streaming a video simultaneously on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 500 Series Graphics.

This is from AMD driver release notes, it has been like this for 2-3 drivers now..

Lucky it hasn't happened to me yet..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes