cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

surferdude2121
Journeyman III

Radeon RX 580 No Scaling Option

Hello everyone, I'm kinda at a loss and not sure what to do. So i bought a Radeon RX 580 several months back, and worked fine with my set up. Two monitors one 1080p monitor and a 1080p TV. In the radeon setting i had a scaling option for the TV. I then got a 4k TV, a LG model: 49UJ6300. Everything runs smoothly but in the scaling option in the radeon settings is completely gone, and the screen is slightly cut off and is very annoying. And ive been through the settings of the tv many times., i can zoom in but i cant zoom out.  I've also tried many different builds of the radeon settings to no avail. I even tried hot swaping between the old tv and the new tv and saw the scaling bar appear and disappear depending on which tv it was pluged into.  i was left to just wait and see if a new update fixed it. after many months waiting and updates. its still not fixed. so If anyone can help this i will VERY appreciated.

Current build of radeon settings :18.3.4

0 Likes
4 Replies
locodicegr
Miniboss

Check the settings on the TV, Because mine do the same, and i have to change the TV setting.

0 Likes

I already said i've been through all the TV settings many times. The only thing related to scaling on the TV only allows me to zoom in further, not out. I know its a problem with the software of the redon settings as i can make the scaling option appear when i plug into my 1080p tv with the same build.

0 Likes

Its not a problem with the software...Check the controller of the TV...a 'RATIO' button.

Thats how mine is called.

0 Likes

You most likely have a different tv than me. On my remote their is no ratio button. the closest physical button on remote is 'live zoom' but thats only a temporary effect and only allows to zoom in, not out. If I go through the on screen menu i can get to aspect ratio, my options are; 16:9, original, 4:3, vertical zoom, and all directional zoom. As I said twice before, I've been through every possible combination of settings on the tv, it isn't the problem. Even in the 4:3 view the screen is still cut off. I need a manual override on my computer when i plug in my smart 4k tv as the scaling bar is no longer there only when i plug in my 4k tv and not my other tv's. I know its a software issue as thats why i'm on the AMD help forums and not the LG TV help forums.

0 Likes