cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gnarlycheese
Journeyman III

RADEON RX 580 Fortnite Crashing

Recently I was trying out the Direct X 12 on fort nite with the Radeon 19.11.3 driver. It started to crash, so I tried Radeon 19.2.2, and 19.9.2. It continued happening so I updated my system and drivers, and switched to Direct X 11 on fortnite. I currently have Radeon 19.11.3 driver, and am running fortnite with Direct X 11. I am capping the fps and 60. It is still crashing. Some error messages include ran out of video memory, graphics driver has crashed, and the blue screen of death message VIDEO SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR. I have a windows 10 64 bit desktop gaming rig with a AMD Ryzen 5 2600, a Radeon RX 580, one stick of 8gb ddr4 ram, a msi B450M Bazooka motherboard, two monitors, one, my primary, is connected with a HDMI cord and is a K242HQL 1920x1080 60hz. I do all my gaming on this monitor. Has anyone had this and had any luck fixing it? Any help would be appreciated thanks.

3 Replies
psychoactive
Journeyman III

Hey I had the exact same issue with my RX580 after trying out the Directx12 BETA. I fixed it by uninstalling AMD software on Add or Remove programs, and then I installed the Adrenalin version 19.5.1 which was a pretty solid version for fortnite, this pretty much fixed my game from crashing, make sure you turn Directx back to 11 on fortnite as well. Just google adrenalin 19.5.1 and download the installed from the AMD page. Hope this helps!

0 Likes

fortnite will still say you should install version 19.11.3 but just ignore it... that one still crashes... they still need to fix it...

0 Likes
darioos
Journeyman III

I have same issue after update to Adrenalin 2020... Same conf RX580 and Ryzen 5 2600...

0 Likes