cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ChippyChipman
Journeyman III

Radeon RX 580 black screens and disconnection issues

Hi, so I recently had an issue with my GPU Radeon RX580 and display going out when I left my computer and the screen timed out. I have a dual monitor display and my main monitor (connected via DP) is a ACER KG241Q 144Hz and my 2nd monitor is a ASUS that goes to 60Hz. When I left my pc the display was working fine and in fact I had not had issues prior with my display going out, so when I came back and found the ACER black screen and the second monitor (connected via HDMI) working I was confused. I started by testing my HDMI cord on the ACER monitor and it works just fine and runs fine, I have tested it timing out and I have not run into any issues. I looked and found that I had missing updates and drivers that I had not updated to yet, so I updated them and eventually was able to get the monitor working again in a dual monitor setup. In that time I tested the monitor with different cords and on different pcs to see if it was only my pc, which was the case. Now after I fixed it with a driver update the monitor timed out again and stopped working via DP. I should mention that also I used Discord to detect the display in a 600x480 display and stream it but with both monitors connected but I get constant lag and sounds of the monitor disconnecting and reconnecting. I was wondering what I should try to do or how I can fix this issue? 

0 Likes
1 Reply
ChippyChipman
Journeyman III

I actually continued to look at forms and found what could be a temporary fix. I found that I could be possibly drawing too much power from the gpu every time the monitor would time out. So I removed some of the items that had been plugged into the outlet with the monitor and now the DP is working again. This could be a temp fix but if anyone has any questions I could help you with my process. 

0 Likes