AMD Radeon™ RX 580.

Desktop or Laptop System:
   Dell``````````````````````````````````` TX42G` Precision 5810

Operating System:
   Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19041 Build 19041.

Driver version installed:
   (I have tried two Driver installs):
    Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.3 Optional.
     Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.11.2 Recommended.

Display Make and model and connection/adapter in use, resolution, and refresh rate:
    Acer VG240Y Resolution: (1920x1080). Active Signal Resolution: (1920 x 1080). Refresh Rate (Hz): 75.000 Hz. Bit Depth: 8.      Connection/Adapter: HDMI.

CPU/APU Make and model number:
    Intel(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 8032.``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Motherboard Make & Model + Bios Revision:
   Dell Inc. 0K240Y A01 Dell Inc. A06, 19/01/2015.

Power Supply Unit Make & Model + Wattage:```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
   DELL 685W Power Supply. Mfr. Name: Delta Electronics. Model: D685EF-00

System Memory Make & Model + Frequency:`````````````````````````````````````
   16GB (4x4GB) 2400MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC. unknown maker and model number

Provide a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing, and the steps required to reproduce the issue:

I was listening to some music on my browser. Out of nowhere, my computer crashed for no reason. I got a bluescreen after it crashed. This bluescreen occurred while installing these drivers. Most likely causing corrupted files.
After this crash, multiple programs and games have errors. All these errors are linked to corrupted or related driver issues.
I have tried installing the recommended and optional drivers, both have the same issue. As of now, I can not install any drivers, nor go back to the previous version. Cause the same issue occurs. I also found, while installing my drivers. My computer was not up to date. Seems windows came out with a new update and new driver updates for it, as I was installing. 
I have also tried uninstalling them, and all AMD-related programs. 
Some of these AMD-related programs will not uninstall, nor even give me the option to do so. 
All games and software errors, all started after this. This leads me to believe the drivers are corrupted or are the cause of all these errors.
Recreating this issue will be difficult, as I have no idea why it occurred in the first place.

Trying to recreate this issue:
Install the drivers, save them wherever you like. We will be installing the Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-21.2.3-Win10-64Bit on Feb22. After you save the file, left-click twice and launch the install file, wait for it to install. After it is finished, navigate to the installed location. For me, it will be C:\AMD\Non-WHQL-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-21.2.3-Win10-64Bit-Feb22. Locate the "setup" file. Launch the setup file, after which wait a few seconds. The file for me will close and nothing will happen, no prompt or error code.

Game Issues:

Doom 2016 DEMO:`````` Error: ````````````````````````````````````````The engine has crashed! Detailed crash information is located in: Cause: Unknown.``````

GZ Doom: Error: Fatal Error when launching. Cause: Unknown.

Minecraft: Error: Exit code 0. Cause: Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows. Cause: Corrupted AMD Software.

VR RIFT S: Error: Display port completely disabled. Cause: VR Headset plugged in during driver installation.

Software Errors:

Dell Support Assist: Error: An unexpected error has occurred. Cause: Unknown.

Graphical settings used in the application/game (resolution and 3D settings):

Doom 2016 DEMO: ` Graphical Settings: High. Resolution: Widescreen. 3D settings: Unknown.

GZ Doom: Graphical Settings: High. Resolution: Widescreen. 3D settings: Unknown.

Minecraft: Graphical Settings: Maximum. Resolution: Widescreen. 3D Settings: All Max/High.

VR RIFT S: Graphical Settings: depends on the vr game Medium/High. Resolution: 2,560 x 1,440 @ 80Hz. 3D Settings: Unknown.``

0 Likes
3 Replies
davidh27
Journeyman III

my issue isnt as bad but since that update i can not change my monitors refresh rate, in display setting, advanced display settings are just not there and there is a mssg at the top that says "some settings are managed by your systems administrator" 

i have done everything i can think of other than a reinstall trying to avoid that everything on the web about the error doesnt work or even says anything about display settings. one person seemed to have the same problem but the thread ended with no actual solution. seems to have happend the same time you say yours did hopefully someone has a fix for you

0 Likes
vash9852
Journeyman III

Yeah  it **bleep**ing sucks. Im have the same problem. Now a good handful of programs can cause a BSOD crash and anytime.

0 Likes

My error is a lot less annoying. There are startups which are OK, but then there are startups when the GPU is not recognised. Everything seems to work but when I try to run a game or the Radeon software, I get an unsupported videocard error or the program just does not start or more like crash immediately. Sometimes it passes after a restart, sometimes I need to shut it down and start the PC again.

Also, when I play some videos e.g. from Netflix, then there is a flicker in the videos at random points. Sometimes it stops for minutes.

I have a Sapphire Radeon RX580 Nitro+ 4Gb and updated drivers.

0 Likes