Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

GC85
Adept I

Radeon RX 5700XT "Default Radeon Wattman settings have been restored"

Hi Guys

Was wondering if anyone can help me regarding the constant error message I seem to be getting regarding the AMD Adrenalin Software. It happens completely random, either playing a game or even watching a video on YouTube or VLC, the graphics card crashes and the whole system hangs. Then once back into windows the Adrenalin software gives the error message "Default Radeon Wattman settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure.

I have checked the everything I can possibly think of, yet this error still occurs, and seems to be occurring more frequent. It used to be at least once a month, now it is nearly every week at least once it will crash at the most random of times.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Radeon software multiple times and tried different versions (currently using 20.8.3 as it has been the most stable for the last 2 weeks). I have used MemTest86 to check the memory, I have a 1100 watt power supply and have 2 separate cables running power to the Graphics Card, not using a split cable; and have even taken the card out and tried reseating it. Nothing has worked! All hardware is default and nothing has ever been overclocked. Does anyone know why this is happening or of any possible solutions?

There is also a continuous Audio crackling sound when using audio via the HDMI cable to a TV. Plugging in headphones to either the onboard sound card or the front panel does not give this audio problem, only via the HDMI output. Any theories as to what is causing it or how to fix?

Thanks.

0 Likes
0 Replies