Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

GC85
Adept I

Radeon RX 5700XT Constant Audio Crackling

Hi

Was wondering if someone could help provide some advice as to how to fix an audio bug I have been having for a few months now and it seems to be increasing in frequency.

Currently running Windows 10 Pro on a ASUS ROG Strix X570E-Gaming board, Ryzen 3900X CPU and an ASUS Radeon RX 5700 XT all bought in June 2019 and all connected via HDMI cable to a HiSense 55" 4K HDR TV I have been using as my main monitor since day one. Everything had been working perfect until around August 2020, where I started noticing slight audio crackling via the speakers of the TV. I updated the graphics drivers which seemed to have resolved it, but in it has slowly started coming back, and now with the latest driver version 20.12.1 it seems to be getting very bad.

This audio crackling happens at complete random times and it is always while watching a video or listening to music in Windows, it does not seem to affect gaming sound as of yet, just Windows. As I watch all my videos through VLC I first thought it was a problem there, but I have now tried multiple video applications with no success, and it also affects streaming Netflix through the browser or watching YouTube. It seems whenever there is a change in audio pitch, the crackling starts, sometimes it goes away after a few seconds, sometimes it just remains and I have to reboot the system to get rid of it.

I have tried multiple HDMI cables, I have tried multiple applications, this problem just seems to be getting worse as I can now not even watch a single full length TV series episode without the audio bugging out, let alone a movie.

Does anyone maybe know what could be a possible problem or something I could to to resolve this issue please?

Thanks.

0 Likes
0 Replies