cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Cad3n
Journeyman III

Radeon rx 5700 xt gaming x. Mw

When playing Mw or Cold War my pc will reboot or sometimes pop up a driver issue. I have checked and made sure of having up to date drivers. I don’t know what the issue is. Sometimes I can play for hours or I can’t even load into the map and it happens. What can I do? I can run rust and anything else with no issues.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Spitfire
Adept II

What's your configuration? CPU, Motherboard, Ram?

Cpu: Ryzen 5 3600x

Ram: Tforce delta 4x8 32gb 3200mhz

Mobo: Asrock b450 steel legend

psu: Evga 700w 80+ bronze
@Spitfire 

0 Likes

Have you updated the bios of your motherboard?

0 Likes

I should have find a solution to my issues.

I have found out 2 problems:

1. a corruption (or a alignment between registers or something similar)
  2. and a problem with the frequency / voltage set by default on my ROG 5700XT.

To solve the first one I followed these steps:

• restore the factory parameters into the overclocking section of Adrenalin;
  • reboot the system in safe mode and uninstall the Adrenalin driver;
  • reboot another time in safe mode and clean with DDU;
  • reboot and flash a new one bios for my graphics card downloaded from the techpowerup site;
  • install the driver Adrenalin (20.9.1.);
  • reboot and then restore the factory parameters into the overclocking section of Adrenalin. Repete 3 times this step.

With this procedure I solved the crashed that occured suddenly after some seconds that I played a game, but I found out that after 5-10 minutes of playing the system crashed anyway.

I played with frequency and voltage and the results of my investigation is that the frequency-voltage-PL setted by ASUS as default are not stable. Now I'm stable with 2034 MHz, 1,14 V (the voltage that Adrenalin set automaticaly basing on the curve freq-volt), PL +20% and to be sure of it I benched for 3 hours with CS:GO. I know that could seem strange to test with a "light" game as CS:GO, but this game (as well Dragon Ball:Kakaroth) pointed out my instability, while with the same parameters I was able to pass 2 hours of stress testing with Superposition and 3D Mark or one hour of playing with Battlfield V.

I hope my post will help you.