cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

apfoll
Journeyman III

Radeon RX 5700 XT driver install help

I can't get the drivers for my AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT to install correctly. I've tried installing, reinstalling, running as administrator, the AMD Radeon Software program with the advanced options. I've reseated the card. If you can think of it, I've probably tried it.

Two days of this and I'm at a complete loss. My adobe premier pro will not work with the GPU accelerator option selected so I'm wasting the capability of the GPU. Something is not right. Worked fine for two years until two days ago. Suspect I tried to update the driver and that started all this. Tried rolling back but don't see anything to roll back to. Tried the latest (not recommended) driver - no help there either. Tired DDU to ensure a fresh install - no help. 

I built this computer and had to take it to someone to get the 5700 drivers installed as I simply couldn't do it - it's not like it's rocket science but there is something I don't understand and I'm pretty savvy. This problem is a little different as they "kind of" install. That person had the "secret" and wouldn't tell me what it was when I picked it up and now I'm paying for it with pain and suffering two years later.

I'm tearing my hair out.

Can't figure out how to attach a picture.

Under device manager under display adapters , it says "device NOT started" until I delete the driver. Then it searches, installs and says "device STARTED".  A couple minutes later and it reverts to "device NOT started".  It has the correct display adapter listed.  There is another message under the "events tab:  "Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_731F&SUBSYS_0B361002&REV_C1\6&f397dea&0&00000019 requires further installation"   I have no idea where to go on that one.

Any help greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
0 Replies