cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bcoop
Journeyman III

radeon rx 5700 xt display port flashes color screens after driver install

I have always used a Display cable for my display port on my gtx 1080. However I just bought a rx 5700 xt and after I installed the card and plugged in the display cable I get the windows start screen and options for bios. I can even go into the bios. However once loaded up windows 10 64bit, I begin install the Radeon drivers from amd's website. Halfway through the install the screen starts flashing, white for a second, then green, then blue, then red and yellow in loop over and over until I unplug the display cable. I checked all three display ports on the card and each time the colored screens flash. Once I plug in the hdmi cable to the hdmi port I can see my desktop just fine and my 144hz monitor allows up to 120 hz with the hdmi. I want working display ports so that I can get 144 hz. I've tried using ddu like all the other post and I still land to the same issue. WTF is this a driver issue or what. 

3 Replies
kaelezar
Journeyman III

I've got the same issue on my RX 5700. bcoop‌ have you been able to get this running on your setup yet?

From the attached video it seems your using a 'BenQ EX3200R' Monitor, same as mine, so maybe this is limited to this type of monitor.

My Specs:

MSI B450 Tomahawk Max

Ryzen 5 3600

MSI RX 5700 (Mech)

Win 10 64 Bit

Same issue. Video attached.

After a certain driver version, the newer ones cause my second monitor to flash some kind of color test pattern.

Radeon 5700XT

Qnix monitor, model QX2710LED

AMD Ryzen5 3600 cpu

ASRock X570M Pro4 motherboard

Win10 64bit

0 Likes

More info:

So I went to AMD driver support and found the oldest drivers they still offer, 21.2.1 (Feb 1, 2020)

I did a clean install and the color flashing issue was gone, my second monitor worked as expected.

SO! Sometime between Feb 2020 and now, a huge bug was introduced.

It didn't bother me too bad in the past, since I was able to revert, but now I cannot play BF2042 unless I update.

I'm stuck choosing between a new game, or keeping my second monitor.

0 Likes