Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

aleksh
Adept I

Re: Radeon RX 5700 XT seemingly unusable at 75Hz & other problem

Jump to solution

Well ... I tried it a bit at my default 75Hz and while sure the refresh rate doesn't go down to 1/2 now ... the artifacts.. the increasing instability , the stutters if you try hardware accel in chrome with 75hz.... Also Control hard froze at one point.

For my lg24mp59g-p I'm sticking to the 72Hz LCD native ( via cru ) I made as it's stable. 

It's interesting how depending on the size of your monitor and your resolution the 75Hz causes different or escalating issues. Maybe even the panel/make/model affects it. 

P.S. One other interesting new bug I encountered is after closing the Divison 2 my mouse cursor turned into a pixelated RGB rectangle lol. Wish I took a screenshot.

nozet
Adept II

Jump to solution

Okay, blocking 30 fps at 1440p in the 19.9.2 driver is gone. Already better. Now it remains to fix the problem in which the temperature, frequency, etc. sensors do not work. at 75 Hz + cursor freezes when programs try to read these sensors
Let's all write again about the problem of sensors at 75 Hz.
AMD Issue Reporting Form

crayraven
Adept III

Jump to solution

Here is a video of the problem I have with the 5700 xt in the bios. It doesn't happen with HDMI and it doesn't happen when it gets to windows though, other problems happen at 75hz.

m3m3xd
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

GPU: 5700

CPU: ryzen 7 1700x

Motherboard: Asus ROG B450-f

I have the same problem with my monitor 

aoc c24g1

0 Kudos
capt_negev
Adept I

Jump to solution

19.9.2 still video flickering / glitches on the first restart after reinstall the sys freeze

at the moment it looks a bit better than 19.9.1 if you can ignore the visual flickering glitch

Edit A Few Hours Later No more Yt Crashes at the moment

so only the visual bugs left for me

Amd 1800x

ASUS ROG Radeon RX 5700 XT OC

Asus Crosshair vi wifi latest bios

lg 21:9 75hz freesynk screen 2560x1080 

Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.9.2

0 Kudos
bugzbunny
Adept III

Jump to solution

Interestingly enough, I don't have does problems with XFX 5700 at 75Mhz on a Dell SE2717H/HX with video HW accel disabled in Chrome and Firefox.

You didn't indicated what driver version you were using?

0 Kudos
crayraven
Adept III

Jump to solution

Do you have trouble viewing your motherboard bios with the 5700 xt? If you look at my problem in the video I posted you will see what I mean. I'm asking you because you pretty much have a similar setup  as me. 1800x and Asus Crosshair VI. 

0 Kudos
fl4t
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Hello,

I turned off Virtual Super Resolution and solved the problem for me. 

0 Kudos
he3ck
Adept II

Jump to solution

I only get the lines on my screen when I enable freesync so I'm very sure they're the cause of it, sounds like we have different problems

0 Kudos
he3ck
Adept II

Jump to solution

I guess I'll update what's happening w my setup since everyone else is too. The vsync problem went away but it feels like theres a LOT more input lag than I remember. Freesync still causes lines on my screen. And a problem that I've been having over driver versions since I first upgraded my stuff is windows will completely freeze on the startup. This caused me to have to completely reinstall windows when it happened while I was trying to restore to an earlier point. Never the less the problem still exists even after I completely reinstalled windows. Now I upgraded my cpu and my gpu within a few days of each other so theres a possibility its a problem with my 3600 but I assume they would be better about making that work than the gpu. 

0 Kudos