Hello! after further usage of my brand new 5700 XT (Refererence Powercolor model), the card seems to be unusable at 75Hz refresh rate (using Acer VG240YU 1440p 75Hz monitor).
Using 75Hz refresh rate, this sort of things would happen consistently:
- Wattman settings on Radeon driver does not show anything, no control, only zero numbers, nothing usable. (MSI Afterburner also does this) But strangely if I use 60Hz mode it will appear okay, I even tried undervolting & adjusting fan curve with no problem.
- Youtube videos will be extremely unplayable and seemingly very unresponsive, GPU usage reading on Task Manager will shown at 100%. Switching to 60Hz fixes the issue.
- In some games, the game will seemingly run fine and well. But the fan never ramps up, at first I thought the GPU usage is low but when I touched the back of the card it was very hot to the touch and I immediately quits the game. After I force Alt+F4 it in panic, the fan suddenly ramps up to maximum power. (Switching to 60Hz also fixes the issue) This issue almost kills my new card.
Other than this, my card also have issues whether its 75hz or not:
- V-Sync in game or via Radeon driver will result in ~30fps. My only saving grace is to enable Enhanced Sync or leave it off for it to run at 60+ fps.
Currently I'm using the most recent 19.8.2 Radeon drivers, previously switched from GTX 1060 6GB. Used DDU before switching the card, spotted this issues. Then I use DDU again, the issue still persist.
- Ryzen 5 1600 6 Core Processor (Stock Clocks)
- Teamgroup Elite+ 16GB DDR4 2400 Memory
- PowerColor RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6
- MSI B350M Bazooka AM4
- Kingston UV400 120GB SATA SSD
- Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM
- 500W Be Quiet Pure Power 10 80+ Silver Power Supply
Anyone have any of this issue aswell? I really wish these issues will be fixed soon as I already planning to sell the card
Solved! Go to Solution.
This issue has been resolved in driver updates, you can download the latest driver (currently 19.10.1) here.