Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

vegetagaru
Journeyman III

Re: Radeon RX 5700 XT seemingly unusable at 75Hz & other problem

Jump to solution

I also continue with problems, the 75hz now works but wattmans displays as 0's values and cant change anything, earlier with the other drivers i could go to VSR and turn it on/off and wattman would go back to normal, now i cant.

0 Likes
levi-san
Adept I

Jump to solution

I don't know if people still have this problem or not, but there wasn't a driver update or anything, but things magically work for me now for some reason?

The problem xunter‌ showed where the speed was 2.7 Gbps x 4 is also magically now 5.4 Gbps x 4 as it should be, and I had it wrong before too.

GPU-Z works, I didn't turn on FreeSync yet.

The only thing I did was mess around with VSR and play Rainbow Six: Siege in 4K @75Hz (note that 60Hz wasn't an option here without making a custom resolution), and toggled the setting for GPU frequencies to manual (without touching any values).

I've yet to do a computer restart since these changes but I just wanted to record that I somehow managed to get stuff fixed, even though there was no driver update. lol

Specs:

Ryzen 7 3700x at stock clocks

Sapphire Pulse 5700 XT default VBIOS with only this change in WattMan.

HyperX 16GB DDR4 RAM @3333MHz

ASUS TUF X570 PLUS GAMING MoBo

AOC Q3279VWFD8 Monitor

I'll do a quick reboot after posting this to make sure things work and respond to myself in a comment

0 Likes
levi-san
Adept I

Jump to solution

Did a complete restart, the things that work:

GPU-Z and other applications don't "hang" the computer and they can actually read values.

The thing that's weird:

Radeon Settings now again show 2.7 Gbps x 4 instead of 5.4 Gbps x4

Huh...

EDIT: Never mind, I didn't notice it changed back to 60Hz refresh rate, so after a reboot, everything is borked again...

0 Likes
levi-san
Adept I

Jump to solution

Okay, this is unbelievable, I have a 2nd screen hooked up to the GPU through HDMI, that is 1080p @60Hz, here are the display settings for my main AOC monitor when the 1080p screen is plugged in:

Here is when it's not:

Literally all I'm doing is turning the TV (that is my 2nd screen) off by pressing a button on the remote, it turns off, and everything is back to being broken.

It automatically changes the refresh rate from 75Hz back to 60Hz too, I'm literally not touching any setting I just turn the TV on and off

Turn it on again and everything works... Welp.

So to fix 75Hz issues, get a second screen that's not 1440p @75Hz, and you're good I guess. lol

mahtab3
Adept II

Jump to solution

19.9.2 dont change anything. still this same problems

0 Likes
nozet
Adept II

Jump to solution

I think the next version will fix the problem with 75 Hz

0 Likes
levi-san
Adept I

Jump to solution

Yeah, the problem itself still exists, but it's nice to know that there are ways to get around it.

Also don't run your monitor on 75Hz if you get bandwidth locked to 2.4 Gbps x 4, the card gets unusually hot for no reason, and it's better to avoid any damage from that.

If you DO NOT have a second screen and you can't make stuff work like it's for me than use 60Hz untill AMD hopefully releases a fix.

0 Likes
mahtab3
Adept II

Jump to solution

the next version i show him   ..i..

0 Likes
mahtab3
Adept II

Jump to solution

how change 2.4 gbx4 on high ?