cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

stellaros
Journeyman III

Radeon RX 5700 XT 75HZ Refresh Rate Causing Issues

Hello! after further usage of my brand new 5700 XT (Refererence Powercolor model), the card seems to be unusable at 75Hz refresh rate (using Acer VG240YU 1440p 75Hz monitor).

Using 75Hz refresh rate, this sort of things would happen consistently:

- Wattman settings on Radeon driver does not show anything, no control, only zero numbers, nothing usable. (MSI Afterburner also does this) But strangely if I use 60Hz mode it will appear okay, I even tried undervolting & adjusting fan curve with no problem.

- Youtube videos will be extremely unplayable and seemingly very unresponsive, GPU usage reading on Task Manager will shown at 100%. Switching to 60Hz fixes the issue.

- In some games, the game will seemingly run fine and well. But the fan never ramps up, at first I thought the GPU usage is low but when I touched the back of the card it was very hot to the touch and I immediately quits the game. After I force Alt+F4 it in panic, the fan suddenly ramps up to maximum power. (Switching to 60Hz also fixes the issue) This issue almost kills my new card.

Other than this, my card also have issues whether its 75hz or not:
- V-Sync in game or via Radeon driver will result in ~30fps. My only saving grace is to enable Enhanced Sync or leave it off for it to run at 60+ fps.

Currently I'm using the most recent 19.8.2 Radeon drivers, previously switched from GTX 1060 6GB. Used DDU before switching the card, spotted this issues. Then I use DDU again, the issue still persist.

System specs:

- Ryzen 5 1600 6 Core Processor (Stock Clocks)
- Teamgroup Elite+ 16GB DDR4 2400 Memory
- PowerColor RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6
- MSI B350M Bazooka AM4
- Kingston UV400 120GB SATA SSD
- Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM
- 500W Be Quiet Pure Power 10 80+ Silver Power Supply

Anyone have any of this issue aswell? I really wish these issues will be fixed soon as I already planning to sell the card

1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved in driver updates, you can download the latest driver (currently 19.10.1) here. 

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-5700-series/amd-radeon-rx-5700-series/amd-radeon-...

View solution in original post

119 Replies
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

The issue regarding Vsync and 30 FPS has been resolved in 19.2.2 which you can download here https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-5700-series/amd-radeon-rx-5700-series/amd-radeon-...

0 Likes

Yep, that's good and all, but when is a fix for 1440p 75Hz getting pushed so I won't feel forced to keep my 2nd screen connected all the time and have VSR on at all time? ;D

0 Likes

Still working on that one, hope to address it in a future driver. I will update the forum once its ready. 

Great, it's good to hear that it's at least acknowledged

0 Likes

Ok the 75 Hz Artifact Problem is still there, the Problem thats the Fans not spinning on the XFX RX 5700 XT Thicc II is still there, and the Problem with the unstable clockrates in Atlas, Ark and the Division 2 is still there...

0 Likes

I am about to take my 5700xt back and get another card. It's unacceptable that there are so many problems with ultrawide screens and 75hz. The card is totally unstable and useless in these monitors. 3 months and still so many major problems. Please fix it otherwise noone gonna buy amd cards. Also why the 19.9.2 driver being whql? With so many problems it's just a bad driver and definitely not an whql. Fix it. 

0 Likes
orzel94
Journeyman III

I can confirm that 70/75Hz (I have 70Hz) problem still exists on 19.9.2 drivers.

Funny thing is when i switch from 60 to 70Hz during game (for me it was wolfenstein the new Collosus) i works perfectly on 70fps, but when it is set to 70hz before game run it work on 31-32FPS.

amdmatt‌ I think it may be some kind usefull information

0 Likes
aleksh
Adept I

Any news on the horizon for a driver update?

nozet
Adept II

It seems amd don't care. New driver 19.9.3 did not solve the problem with 75 Hz and sensors

0 Likes

The good news for you, it landed on Known Issues.

0 Likes

I do not see such an item there. There are only about 75 Hz artifacts that I do not have

It's probably highly related to it though, guessing once thats fixed it will fix your issue.

75hz seems broken in general, once they fix 75hz everything SHOULD be alright, hopefully next driver version....

0 Likes

To be fair its under known issues(so they are looking at it) but yeah taking way to long...

rojek
Adept I

FreeSync ads appear on the AMDs FB profile (there is no information that it doesn't work properly on the RX 5700 series). I currently have two monitors with freesync (29um67 and 29u69g) that have not been working properly for two months. On FreeSync, horizontal stripes make it impossible to play most titles, but at 60hz they also occur (sometimes). I now have doubts about what to do with the card and whether the FreeSync monitors were a good choice. Everything worked great for the RX 5XX series. I don't know why the RX 5700 were released without testing one of the main features.
I'm starting to doubt that the problem will be solved.

0 Likes
aks-ty
Adept I

Nice with the new Driver i have Bluescreens in Borderland 3 and Microstutter in other Games Top AMD...

0 Likes
xasten
Adept I

Now it remains to fix the problem in which the temperature, frequency, etc. sensors do not work. at 75 Hz + cursor freezes when programs try to read these sensors
Let's all write again about the problem of sensors at 75 Hz.

0 Likes
przemosol
Journeyman III

On mine PC 75Hz neither not working properly.

Ryzen 1600x

Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 x370

RX 5700 XT asus strix

LG 29' 29UC88-B Curved

How could it be that smbdy announce product with specific functions and selling it without testing?

In my case problems with AMD are not something special. Nothing  surprise me more than bent pin in my new Ryzen processor taken from a box. How to RMA such piece of crap.

Previously I had GTX 1070 zotac amp extreme and it was high time to change it but now I'm wondering If I've made correct choice. Still have two weeks to give it back to shop and take RTX 2070 Super...

0 Likes

Dont wake take RTX2070 super.

0 Likes

Just remove the 75 Hz mode via CRU and use 60 Hz until the drivers fix :D

0 Likes
manneking
Adept I

Reference rx 5700 + AOCQ3279VWFD8 here, latest driver (19.10.1) fixed 1440p 75 hz sensor bug for me. Thank you.

0 Likes
xasten
Adept I

This new driver 19.10.1 fixed 1440p 75 hertz.

Thank You AMD!!!!

0 Likes

For me drivers also fixed card behaviour at 75Hz. Only mems are still at 875Mhz

nozet
Adept II

Thank AMD for fix 75 hz and sensor bug. But memory clock stuck in 875 mhz and does not fall...

rojek
Adept I

Both screens blinks several times at regular intervals. One 75hz and one 60hz. disabling freesync doesn't change anything. Such a fix in 19.10.1.

EDIT: Problem causes a second 60hz screen connected by HDMI. Whether it's TV or monitor, I also checked on two cables. There is still a problem with the driver. I will check two displayport monitors soon.

0 Likes
xasten
Adept I

I just wanted to add to this: Memory clocks stays high at 875mhz on my 5700 xt on the 19.10.1 driver when running (2560x1440 @ 75 hertz) causing idle power to be higher than it needs to be (15 degrees more), this is fixed when I run (2560x1440 @ 60 hertz) and it drops down to 100mhz causing idle power to plummet aswell.

0 Likes

Thanks for the new drivers AMD. It fixed the problems I had using 75hz on my LG34UM67. No more horizontal artifacts, flickering or anything. The only problem left is the monitor losing signal every 5 seconds using the display port while trying to view the bios. Still waiting to hear what causes it.

Same here, also totally goes out if I upgrade my driver's using dp.

0 Likes

So are you saying that you can view your motherboard bios pre windows boot? Correct? If yes, then what monitor are you using?

0 Likes

No I can't, it blinks on and off with dp.

Works in HDMI only.

My screen also loses signal if I try to play Oculus vr vidoes through Firefox, have to restart to get signal back.

amdmatt‌ is this being looked into at all? Seems like there are still some signal issues, I'm starting to think it's GPU bio related since mb bios are funky also with just this card.

0 Likes

Try private messaging amdmatt. I have the exact same issue, but so far I was the only one to report it. Seeing that you have the same issue shows that its not a isolated issue. And yes I think the same thing, gpu bios issue.

brunoalves20015
Adept III

Hello .. Good night!
About a month and a half ago I sold my GTX 1070 SC and bought a rx 5700 xt thicc ii, and since then my headache started. The card is very good yes, much better than my GTX 1070 SC, but at the same time it brings many problems, such as blue screen (BSODS), crashes and other annoying situations.

I have a 12 month warranty, and I am holding back from submitting for warranty and asking for my money back, as this is a hidden addiction or problem with drivers that cannot control 100% GPU.

Completely unstable, AMD does not speak and does not release a driver that solves the problem, each DRIVER a new problem.

Update the driver today after using DDU, and get a BSODS already.

I am very sad with AMD, we work day to day to buy a GPU here in Brazil and we go through these frustrating situations.

MY SETUP:

GIGABYTE AX370 Gaming REV 1.x - LAST VERSION BIOS
TEAM GROUP DDR4 3200MHZ
RYZEN 7 1700X + WATER COOLER CORSAIR H55
RX 5700 XT thicc ii (BAD)
CORSAIR TX750

Monitor AOC GAMER HERO 144HZ

BSOD fixed three more updates back. And where did you get the video card from the 12 months warranty? Usually give a minimum of 24 months. Maybe there is a hardware problem...

0 Likes

In my country, the warranty is 12 months. Brazil

0 Likes

I still have 10 months of warranty left.

0 Likes
manneking
Adept I

I was wondering why my idle temps become high, i was not aware of this issue. 1440p 75 hz bug certainly fixed by latest driver but memory clock stuck at max.

xunter
Journeyman III

19.10.1   -  1440p75hz fixed , freesync fixed. all works fine except idle memory frequency. 

0 Likes
brunoalves20015
Adept III

With my GTX 1070, you can normally use my 3200MHz RAM, already with RX5700XT, need to Disable or Ram Profile XMP, so it will be back to 2400Mhz, and you can use it with a limit of Frequency applicable to my Ryzen 7 1700x processor, ie I am leaving my Ram with 2666Mhz. With that, it's been 5 days that no longer get any KERNEL POWER or BSODS. Disabling the XMP profile in your motherboard BIOS as this may resolve the issue from time to time.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved in driver updates, you can download the latest driver (currently 19.10.1) here. 

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-5700-series/amd-radeon-rx-5700-series/amd-radeon-...

Can't get 75hz with my Sapphire radeon RX 570 8gb, Do any of the sappire cards support 75hz?

0 Likes
kamaroff
Journeyman III

I had the same issue, and i fixed it. (drivers does not help at all)

1.Download CRU

2. Change vertical blanking to 55 lines (horizontal frequency should be close to 112,080 kHz) Снимок экрана 2023-02-13 223940.png

3. Reboot you video driver (or reboot your PC)

4. Problem solved. If not, try another vertical blanking value.