Hello! after further usage of my brand new 5700 XT (Refererence Powercolor model), the card seems to be unusable at 75Hz refresh rate (using Acer VG240YU 1440p 75Hz monitor).
Using 75Hz refresh rate, this sort of things would happen consistently:
- Wattman settings on Radeon driver does not show anything, no control, only zero numbers, nothing usable. (MSI Afterburner also does this) But strangely if I use 60Hz mode it will appear okay, I even tried undervolting & adjusting fan curve with no problem.
- Youtube videos will be extremely unplayable and seemingly very unresponsive, GPU usage reading on Task Manager will shown at 100%. Switching to 60Hz fixes the issue.
- In some games, the game will seemingly run fine and well. But the fan never ramps up, at first I thought the GPU usage is low but when I touched the back of the card it was very hot to the touch and I immediately quits the game. After I force Alt+F4 it in panic, the fan suddenly ramps up to maximum power. (Switching to 60Hz also fixes the issue) This issue almost kills my new card.
Other than this, my card also have issues whether its 75hz or not:
- V-Sync in game or via Radeon driver will result in ~30fps. My only saving grace is to enable Enhanced Sync or leave it off for it to run at 60+ fps.
Currently I'm using the most recent 19.8.2 Radeon drivers, previously switched from GTX 1060 6GB. Used DDU before switching the card, spotted this issues. Then I use DDU again, the issue still persist.
- Ryzen 5 1600 6 Core Processor (Stock Clocks)
- Teamgroup Elite+ 16GB DDR4 2400 Memory
- PowerColor RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6
- MSI B350M Bazooka AM4
- Kingston UV400 120GB SATA SSD
- Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM
- 500W Be Quiet Pure Power 10 80+ Silver Power Supply
Anyone have any of this issue aswell? I really wish these issues will be fixed soon as I already planning to sell the card
Solved! Go to Solution.
This issue has been resolved in driver updates, you can download the latest driver (currently 19.10.1) here.
Same issues for me with RX5700 reference from Sapphire
Already reported this to AMD a few days back, I hope we get it resolved soon.
Except that VSYNC enabled does not cripple fps to half, only when having 75Hz set on LCD.
This problemas happens to everybody.
Every version released after 19.7.1 is causing constant BSOD when the GPU is needed.
Same issue here with MSI Radeon 5700 XT. I'd wait a few more updates before returning the card.
Im using the Asrock Challenger 5700 xt. I have similar issues, if the refresh rate is set to 75hz then the card gets really hot and I start getting flickering. Eventually the card makes the screen blink over and over again. Setting the refresh rate to 60hz or using HDMI cord does not have this problem.
M5A97 LE RE2.0
RX 5700 XT
AOC Q3279 WG5B
This same problem
only on 60 hz wattman work
V-sync work below 30 fps
freesync dont work
and lot BSOD
I'm using the LG34UM67. When HDMI is being used, freesync is disabled and the refresh rate is locked to 60hz. I can't change it to the monitors max refresh rate of 75hz. At first I thought my display port cord was going bad. Then I discovered that if I disable freesync I don't have the instability issues for the most part. Just like the HDMI cord, if freesync is disabled then the refresh rate is automatically locked to 60hz on this monitor.
My conclusion about this problem is that the 5700 xt has problems with freesync and maybe 75hz refresh too. It doesn't seem to be a driver issue since its present in the bios too. If I boot up using the display port, what happens is my monitor turns on and off. I see the picture of the bios then it turns off, turns back on...repeat infinitely. The only way to stop it is to use the HDMI if I want to a access my bios.
From what I see is that the only way we will see a fix is if we get a updated bios on all 5700 xt to fix the issue.