Adept I

Radeon RX 5700 Direct3D Not Available?

Jump to solution

My Specs

Mobo: X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor

GPU: Radeon RX 5700

16 GB of RAM

When I run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool it's telling me that Direct3D Acceleration is not available and there is no toggle to turn it on. Also it says Direct3D DDI is unknown. I have tried reinstalling the GPU driver and the C++ redistributables. Also I enabled Legacy Components. I even reinstalled Windows. This is a fresh PC build with a fresh install of Windows 10 so no old drivers to worry about. I'm driving myself crazy because I can't play any of the games I built the computer to play. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Radeon RX 5700 Direct3D Not Available?

Jump to solution

If these steps did not work, it is possible that the full driver package was not downloaded from the AMD website, after running DDU in safe mode. Using the AutoDetect installer or the minimal package installer, or updating via Radeon Settings 19.7.1 > 19.7.2 may cause this issue. We will fix that in a future update. 

View solution in original post

30 Replies
yeats1865
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

My Specs

Mobo: X570 MSI GAMING EDGE WIFIAMING EDGE WIFI +

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8Core Processor

GPU: Radeon RX 5700XT

32 GB of RAM

Yes, I also met the same problem. I queried it. Most people said that it is a driver problem. Now there is only one driver to choose from, and it can't be played when playing MP4 video. I don't know if there is any way to solve it.

0 Likes
bread
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Same problem with rx 5700 card

0 Likes
ck1005
Adept I

Jump to solution

Specs

MB: ASUS Z77-V Pro 

CPU: Intel Xeon 1230v2 Quad Core 

GPU: Radeon RX 5700 XT 50th Anniversary 

Memory: 16GB DDR3-1333

Same here. Not every application using D3D will crash, kind like those slightly older application will report cannot obtain D3D and crash after it. MPC-HC will crash, even dxdiag. 

Already tried DDU in safe mode, since there are more issue if simply switch to 5700XT from GTX1070 without DDU. But DDU do not help this issue in my case.

0 Likes
amdconvert
Adept I

Jump to solution

Experiencing same issue

My Specs

Mobo: ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 

GPU: Radeon RX 5700

16 GB of RAM

Yes, I also met the same problem. I queried it. Most people said that it is a driver problem. Now there is only one driver to choose from, and it can't be played when playing MP4 video. I don't know if there is any way to solve it.

0 Likes
theender92
Adept I

Jump to solution

So is this something you think they will fix quickly? I have no earthly idea I have never dealt with something like this?

Edit: Just updated to 19.7.2 and still doesnt work

0 Likes
arbylee
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I ran into the same problem, but only after updating to the latest drivers (19.7.2 which were released a few hours ago). DXDiag reported that Direct3D is unavailable and I was unable to start a game of League of Legends due to "an unknown DirectX error". Reverting the driver to 19.7.1 seems to have fixed the problem, although I do have issues with occasional crashes on game start/freezing.

This is on a pretty fresh installation of Windows 10 (<week) and reproducible by upgrading to 19.7.2 or using DDU to uninstall 19.7.2 and reinstalling 19.7.1

My specs:

Operating System: Windows 10 Education 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362)
Mobo: Asus ROG Strix B450-I (BIOS Version 2406)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor
Memory: 16384MB RAM

GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700XT

PSU: Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-650FX 650W

Storage: Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280

Full DXDiag attached (after reversion to 19.7.1)

0 Likes
rizvan
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

PC Specs

Mobo: MSI Z370 GAMING M5

Processor: i7-8700K

GPU: Radeon RX 5700 XT

RAM: 32GB DDR4-3200 (4x8GB configuration)

I have the same issue as others have stated after upgrading from 19.7.1 to 19.7.2 this morning. I noticed that MPC-HC (media player) was throwing a D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE error on every video I attempted to watch. VLC still worked fine. DXDIAG hangs on Direct3D component analysis and crashes without any notification.

1. Upgraded from 19.7.1 to 19.7.2 this morning. Ran into the issue.
  2. Used DDU in safe mode and reinstalled 19.7.2 drivers -- same issue.
  3. Used DDU in safe mode and reinstalled 19.7.1 drivers -- issue rectified.
osirismelb
Adept III

Jump to solution

I've found that the new drivers 19.7.2 have fixed all my issues.

Wattman shows proper statistics all the time. Also works with Afterburner (I am using the newest beta).

I can overclock the RX 5700 XT no problem, its stable and fast.

Only thing is if it's enabled is to ensure Freesync is off as well as VSR.

Also if you have 19.7.1 installed, remove it using DDU then install 19.7.2 clean.

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Please can you try running DDU in safe mode, going to DDU > Options and select Prevent downloads as in the screenshot below. 

pastedImage_1.png

Select AMD then click Cleand Restart. Now try to install 19.7.2. 

I just followed these steps and can confirm that the DXDIAG tool shows the following. 

pastedImage_2.png