Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

buba
Adept I

Radeon RX 570 Black screens with artifacts

Hi,

I am struggling for a few years with black screens on Radeon RX 570. I have tried different cables - dvi to hdmi, hdmi to hdmi, display port to hdmi. Sometimes after drivers update, I do not have black screens for a while but later I get it all the time in games. The display may go black with some artifacts for 5-10 seconds then it could stay for a while and goes black again. It makes me crazy when it goes black every 5 seconds. I have submitted a bug report a few times via Adrenalin without any response. 

Please help!

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor

Radeon RX 570

ASRock B450M Pro4

Acer SA 230

Win 10.

0 Likes
1 Solution
buba
Adept I

The culprit is AMD FreeSync.

It looks like a known issue "Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround."
So, the temp solution is to disable FreeSync. The long-term solution is to check release notes of new drivers and update them when the issue is fixed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
buba
Adept I

Also, if I connect the second Acer SA 230, only the one with game is going black.

0 Likes
buba
Adept I

It looks like disabling everything in Graphics and Display sections of Adrenalin prevented the issue so something should be fixed by dev team.

0 Likes
buba
Adept I

The culprit is AMD FreeSync.

It looks like a known issue "Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround."
So, the temp solution is to disable FreeSync. The long-term solution is to check release notes of new drivers and update them when the issue is fixed.

0 Likes

Which driver do you use?

0 Likes

Currently, it is Adrenalin Edition Version 22.8.2. But through 2 years I have updated it many times with factory reset and almost all the time I had this issue.

0 Likes

Go back to 22.5.1 22.7.1 22.8.1 and 22.8.1 all have many users reporting problems as well as black screens

0 Likes

It is strange that I had this issue for two years with different drivers. Some of them were working fine for a while but the result was the same. I doubt that I was updating the driver version when everything was fine.

0 Likes

I wonder if it ever was or ever will be fixed. It was really a pain in the ass.

0 Likes

BTW, 22.5.1 has the same known issue: "Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations."

0 Likes
vialli100
Forerunner

Before you update, read the release notes.. It is in there about black screens..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes
vialli100
Forerunner

I thought that was what I said?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes