cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

PCM_Audio_Issue
Journeyman III

Radeon RX 480 - Monitor Issue

Hello all. I have a Lenovo desktop computer (Ideacentre Y900-34ISZ) with a radeon RX 480 graphics card. I use a Dell monitor (24" Gaming Monitor S2419HGF)At random intervals my screen will go blank for 1-10 seconds, and it will sometimes be followed by the error message "unsupported audio format, please set to pulse code modulation (PCM)". This issue occurs completely randomly no matter what task I am doing; gaming, internet browsing, idling on the desktop, watching videos, anything. I have tested my monitor with another system and I did not receive this issue so the problem must be between the desktop and the monitor specifically. I am connected via HDMI. I have seen it could be a problem with audio going through the HDMI to the monitor; my monitor has no audio output. However I have disabled all audio output drivers via the device manager yet the problem persists. I would welcome any and all suggests. I have seen solutions for the problem with NVIDIA GPUs but nothing for AMD. Is there another way to disable audio output, perhaps in the adrenalin software? Has anyone else encountered this issue? Thank you for your time!

0 Likes
1 Solution
PCM_Audio_Issue
Journeyman III

I solved my issue. For whatever reason the HDMI port was the culprit. I switched to a DP connection and the issue did not return.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
PCM_Audio_Issue
Journeyman III

I solved my issue. For whatever reason the HDMI port was the culprit. I switched to a DP connection and the issue did not return.

0 Likes