cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jwarn
Journeyman III

Radeon ReLive recording at very poor fps

Hi, I have been trying to use the ReLive function to record instant replays, and the recordings are incredibly inconsistent, and never even close to the 60fps it should be recording at. It will typically look like 30 fps or lower, and the bitrate is far lower than the settings in the video file (images shown below). I have tried nearly every different recording setting, from the base settings to changing bitrate, HEVC/AVC, resolution, instant replay buffer and more, and can never get a reliable recording. I have run this with the old and new versions of radeon software, updated drivers, installed and reinstalled programs, etc. Can never get good recordings in games such as CS:GO, minecraft, Destiny, and more. 

Specs

R9 3900x

XFX 5700XT Triple Dissipation

Gigabyte X570 gaming x

1 tb Nvme m.2 SSD

"Good" video quality (rarely happens)"Good" video quality (rarely happens)Poor video quality, extremely commonPoor video quality, extremely common

0 Likes
6 Replies
Fayr
Journeyman III

Hi, I know its been almost a year, but i am on the same boat, tried everything and nothing seems to work. My PC specs are similar to yours. Have you found a fix?

0 Likes

has anyone found a fix yet?

0 Likes

Having the same issue, and have spent a lot of time trying to find out why. Sometimes it works fine which was a mystery.  
Although I will say, I find it is more reliable if I have the Adrenaline software open behind the game, specifically, on the preference tab. This seems to improve chances of it spitting out a clip that is a nice and smooth 60fps. I thought I was going mad at first as I failed to see how that would make a difference, but for me at least it seems to do the trick.

0 Likes

You know guys, at this point, I strongly believe it's time you find a new screen recorder and forget about Relive, which I heard was change to "record and stream."

Asus ZenBook UX407IQ, Ryzen 5 4500u with Radeon graphics, Nvidia mx350, 8gb LPDDR4X ram, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb SSD, Win11 home
0 Likes
QzZzz
Journeyman III

Hi, did you manage to solve it? I have the same problem! If you managed, please tell me how!

0 Likes

I fixed it by buying a nVidia card and donating the XT to my child, who has an almost identical system to me, and for whom, it works perfectly....  Annoyingly

0 Likes