cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

he3ck
Adept II

Radeon Relive Clips Not Working

so Im using a rx 5700 xt with the current latest drivers and I have this reoccurring problem where the clipping part of radeon relive doesn't work, I can record videos just fine but when I try to save a clip I just get the "saving..." screen until it fades away and nothing happens, usually there isn't a clip but oddly this time I got an incomplete mp4 that I can't open, however trying it again now after I closed the game I was playing I can't recreate that part. Every time that I update my drivers it'll work for a while then at a certain point that I can't figure out it just stops working, I'll try to clip one time and it won't save. Then it stays like that until I either update if there was one or reinstall the current drivers. I've already tried using ddu to remove my old nvidia drivers and I've updated and reinstalled my drivers multiple times but nothing works. If anyone else has been having this problem I would greatly appreciate some help here. If this is the wrong category just let me know, thanks.

0 Likes
11 Replies
data
Adept I

Hi, my processor is AMD Ryzen 5 3600X and my graphic card is AMD Radeon RX 5700XT. When I try to record my game it doesn't start at all. But it creates 48 bytes size files in Redeon Relive folder. (Windows, Radeon Relive and everything is up the date) I don't really know why we have those kind of issues..

0 Likes

@data yea recording stopped working several driver version ago, i spent a morning going all the way back to 20.4.2 and does exactly as you described in your post, so i just use windows gamebar, or obs to record stuff now. My confidence in AMD to actually fix these issues is eroding everyday.

0 Likes

how do I set up windows gamebar and can you tell any noticable difference in things like fps in or video quality of the clip? Honestly sounds like an easier solution than to keep missing funny stuff because the software for this card sucks

0 Likes

Press win+G

0 Likes
macxd
Adept II

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-game-bar 

but don't enable game mode its not needed and if it is enabled disable it

0 Likes
Chalk
Journeyman III

having the same problem with my 5700 xt, seems like it is saving the clip but when i go to play it nothing happens. since this was posted almost 3 months ago im hoping there was a solution found?

0 Likes

I tried reporting it, i have saved about 4 clips recently and they are in the media folder in relive and can see the beginning "frame" or picture where the clip would start at, but as soon as i click on it to try and open it, it enlarges to what regularly will play it and just has a black screen with a white play button and it wont let me play the clip. I have to open it in the desktop folder to even view the video, then it plays but without any in game or voice audio...

0 Likes

@CammonC This is the exact same problem I have and its annoying. Have you found a solution?

0 Likes
x2fdxfullmetal
Journeyman III

Ok so i was having the same issue as the author of this post my recoding's were being recorded fine but when i would try and edit them down to clips it wouldn't save. I was able to fix mine by clicking on the notification bell at the top of amd and clearing all of the pending clips that were being "saved" try that and see if clearing the failed saves lets you make clips again. As a content creator this was pretty bad for me so i hope it can help someone else as well!!!

Okay, so apparently I was having this the issue of not being able to save recordings and even tho the notifications I had were not related to recordings as soon as I cleared all notifications the recordings started saving again. This feels really random, but as long as it that's good to me, thank you a lot.

0 Likes

Nvm that didn't really fix a thing

0 Likes