Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

k4ntazel
Journeyman III

Radeon ReLive causing fps drops in Fullscreen games

(Sorry for my bad English)
EDIT:My System - CPU:Ryzen 5 1600X / Graphics:AMD RX480 / RAM - DDR4 8GB (2400).
Windows 10pro 64bit / Display BenQ GW2760 FullHD @60Hz , DVI connection.
Motherboard - MSI X370 Gaming Plus / Power supply unit - Chieftec GPS-650a8 - 650 W

I'm using Radeon ReLive from summer of 2018 and in february of 2019 i stuck with 1 problem.
When Radeon ReLive is on , my fps in fullscreen mode game going about 42-45 frames , also with stutters.
In Windowed mode or when ReLive is off it is 60 fps without any problems. I seen this problem in all my games.
I really want to make replays and recordings , but I can't. AMD , please , fix it!

And there is list of some games with this problem:
-Apex Legends
-Dark Souls III
-Dying Light
-World of Tanks
-The Witcher 3
-Fallout 4 / New Vegas
-GTA V
-Far Cry 5/New Dawn
-TES V Skyrim
-Borderlands 2
-Assassins Creed Origins/Unity/AC 2
-Metro Exodus/2033 Redux
and some other games...

P.S. Using the newest drivers , but that problem is on old drivers too.
Please help as soon as you can.

9 Replies
k4ntazel
Journeyman III

Solved this problem today. Just switch of Frame Rate Target Control and ReLive works fine!

Where is It?

0 Likes
echoniner
Adept I

Solved it! As simple as it sounds, I toggled on then off the Instant Replay, then toggled on then off Record Desktop, then from 15fps on fullscreen, it went back to 190+fps. If you don't have record desktop on, then maybe try Instant Replay only. The only problem with this is I have to do it everytime I log on to my computer.

Same problem!

Also, if you turn off all startup programs, then the problem will not appear.
But this is very inconvenient, even if you leave a few necessary programs in autorun (steam, discord), the problem will appear.

Read my https://community.amd.com/thread/255456 

0 Likes

This restart of Instant Replay and Record Desktop fixed my issue.  I was having lag in full screen only on AMD Radeon 5700 in a simple 100MB game, like a 3 second input/response delay.  I restarted these and restarted the game and now it works.  Thank you so much I never would have thought to try that, although I did try switching all of the options.  Just never to off.

0 Likes

I have now this bug as well in stardewvalley and Oxygen not included.

Restarting relive! and desktoprecord, after multiple attempts it can fix it, but tabbing in and out of game may restart bug again.

Anyone knows a fix to this?

0 Likes

ReLive errors usually occur with faulty driver install

so if you have that error do the DDU in safe-mode and install latest drivers
always disable Win10 auto-driver-install and keep windows up to date

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes

would make sense when i have that problem with everygame, but until now i only have that specific problem with those 2 games.

7 days to die, Escape from tarkov, Green profekt, Rimworld and raft are working fine (except raft but there is another problem that it instantly shoots my gpu to 100% and stays there).

stardew and Oxygen not inlcuded start with the same issue, i go fullscreen, radeon overlay is not working in game and i got that fps issue because of relive!. Once disable relive! and overlay start working fine with those games or i do disable relive! multiple times until it works and overlay works as well.

Only those 2 games have that issue and i cant belive that its a driver issue when everything else works fine.

0 Likes

mh, maybe the GameDevs disabled more than 1 3rd-Party hook...

try with ReLive disabled and OBS Studio "Game Capture"

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes