cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jep
Journeyman III

Radeon r5 m330 drivers problem

Hello 2 month ago i installed drivers for my radeon r5 m330 (drivers version 17.7.1), and from this time some of games and apps just stop working and they only giving me pop up information about drivers problem " the graphic driver unexpectedly encountered a problem" is the content of the message. Rest of programs working normal or better.

Hardware

It's HP Notebook 15-ac033nw btw

• Processor Intel i3 4005u
  • Graphic cards radeon r5 m300 and integrated
  • Ram 4gb(SO-DIMM DDR3, 1333MHz)
  • Chipset Intel Lynx Point

Software

• Win 8.1
0 Likes
1 Solution

Thank you for help elstaci, so i installed drivers for BIOS and chipset from hp website and i uninstalled this problematic drivers and install older version (17.4.4) and it's actually works so i close the topic.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

First the HP AMD Drivers are the best drivers to install in your laptop since they are customized for your hardware.

Also Windows 8.1 isn't supported by AMD anymore with Graphic driver updates. So if you don't find anything newer then version 17.7.1 you are out of luck.

For the latest AMD Drivers to work in your laptop your Intel Graphics and CHIPSET drivers must be the latest versions. I also would make sure you have the last BIOS update for your laptop.

Here is your laptop HP Support download page: HP Notebook - 15-ac033nw (ENERGY STAR) Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support 

I would install the last HP AMD Driver from 2015 and see if your laptop works correctly before upgrading to AMD generic Laptop driver.

Your laptop supports upgrading to Windows 10 which you still might be able to do for free from Microsoft. Plus HP has Windows 10 drivers and your Intel Processor is Windows 10 compatible.

But if you don't desire to upgrade to Windows 10 you need to work with the out-dated drivers for both your Intel and AMD Gpus.

Thank you for help elstaci, so i installed drivers for BIOS and chipset from hp website and i uninstalled this problematic drivers and install older version (17.4.4) and it's actually works so i close the topic.