Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

valcach
Journeyman III

Radeon Pro WX 9100 resolution problems

Radeon Pro WX 9100 16GB MacPro5,1 Mojave

I am a user of this cute and beautiful graphic card that I install on my mac pro to help me with my videos and my photography.

I have 3 apple cinema display monitors from 30 "to a 2560 x 1600
but when I install it, I have a big problem; the monitors are not all seen at that resolution, they only look at 1280 x 800, this is terrible because I have a 16Gb graphic accelerator and it gives me such poor quality to my monitors, this is incredible, And I don't know how to change the resolution because it doesn't allow (image attached)

If I leave a single monitor installed, the same thing happens, it delivers 1280 x 800 that is terrible quality, and it looks like a computer from the 1990s

I'm trying to find drivers; I don't know where I can find them or what I have to do to make my Radeon Pro work perfectly and deliver amazing resolutions .. 7680x4320

my computer:
MacPro5,1
Mojave 10.14.6
64 GB
Radeon Pro WX 9100 16GB
Apple Cinema HD Display
30-inch (1280 x 800) here it says the quality is poor

Thank you for the help that you may be able to provide

* Excuse me, my English is a bit bad *

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 10.43.42 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 10.41.42 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 10.42.56 pm.png

0 Likes
3 Replies
pensarenmac
Journeyman III

speak spanish ?

could you solve the resolution?

because I'm just buying that card for a macpro 5.1

0 Likes

If you are not running Windows Bootcamp on your MacPro 5.1 all of your GPU drivers are built in your Mac OS system. To have the latest AMD Driver for your WX9100 you would need to have the latest MacOS installed that support that GPU card.

Maybe if you installed Windows Bootcamp you might get better results but the only person that can really help you is @fsadough AMD Forums Professional GPU expert.

Maybe Fsadough can show you how to get the highest Resolution from your MacOS  Mojave you have installed

EDIT: Deleted part of my replies since Mojave should be able to get the correct Resolutions without any updated MacOS installed.

0 Likes
fsadough

1. I believe you must have Dual-Link DVI cable with your Apple Cinema Display?
  2. The native resolution seems to be 2560 x 1600, correct?
  3. WX9100 has mDP outputs. What is the adapter you are using to connect to Apple Cinema Display?
0 Likes