cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

josi
Adept I

Radeon PRO WX 7100 & WS 2016 & Asus Z10PE-D8 WS

Hi there, I have been trying to install Radeon Pro WX 7100 to my asus workstation (also server) board (Z10PE-D8 WS). The driver installation is working fine, but after reboot the screen is left black. Windows server is starting, but when I should sing in, the screen become black. What should I do?

0 Likes
1 Solution

I notice your board has room for two CPUs.  Make sure you have your GPU card connected to the correct PCIe that corresponds to the CPU socket your have if you only have one CPU installed.

otherwise you need to give more information concerning your Workstation setup including Windows version, GPU driver version, CPUs installed. etc. INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION .

Try posting your question at AMD Server Forum: AMD Server Gurus since you are using a Server Motherboard and Professional GPU Card in case no one is able to help you here.

From Asus Support Motherboard Manual: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Socket2011-R3/Z10PE-D8_WS/Manuals/E13684_Z10PE-D8_WS_UM_V6_WEB...

Does your Motherboard show any Q-Codes that may indicate trouble?

Maybe try checking in BIOS the System Event Log to see if if indicates any problems with your GPU Card installed:

Just trying to cover the basics. Mostly likely you are aware of all this information.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I notice your board has room for two CPUs.  Make sure you have your GPU card connected to the correct PCIe that corresponds to the CPU socket your have if you only have one CPU installed.

otherwise you need to give more information concerning your Workstation setup including Windows version, GPU driver version, CPUs installed. etc. INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION .

Try posting your question at AMD Server Forum: AMD Server Gurus since you are using a Server Motherboard and Professional GPU Card in case no one is able to help you here.

From Asus Support Motherboard Manual: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Socket2011-R3/Z10PE-D8_WS/Manuals/E13684_Z10PE-D8_WS_UM_V6_WEB...

Does your Motherboard show any Q-Codes that may indicate trouble?

Maybe try checking in BIOS the System Event Log to see if if indicates any problems with your GPU Card installed:

Just trying to cover the basics. Mostly likely you are aware of all this information.

Hi,

Thank’s of your advice. The solutio was: I made clear new installation of

Windows server 2016 (released on february). Now everything Is working fine.

Regards

Jorma Sieviläinen

0 Likes

mark you reply as 'Correct" then to close out this thread.

0 Likes