cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bitsnbytes
Adept II

Radeon Pro WX 5100 pro/gaming install driver issue

When i attempt to install the Gaming driver, 18.2 or 18.3 when switching pro/gaming drivers, the application just decides to completely uninstall drivers, also breaking the Radeon Problem Report Wizard, but drivers show as being installed.. system then just completely freezes

Screenshot-(28).jpg

Screenshot-(26).jpg

Screenshot-(27).jpg

0 Likes
4 Replies

Can't tell if you are running Windows 10 or not. Seems to be Windows 10. When you installed the WX-5100 Driver, did you first Install the "Options" ? This is from the Driver's Download page for the WX-5100:

This driver contains the “Driver Options” (only available on Microsoft Windows® 10 using the supported products – Radeon™ Pro WX series and Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition). This feature is not available with multi-GPU configurations nor with Radeon™ Pro Duo (“Polaris”).

NOTE:

• Driver Options must be installed using the Custom Install option.
  • It is advisable to always reboot the system after installing or switching to a new driver.    

Oops, Just noticed you were the person advising the other WX Series Poster on another thread on how to OC the Professional GPU card. So most likely you have the "Options" installed already because it seems like you are tech savvy. Which also means you have MSI Afterburner probably installed. Sometimes, MSI Afterburner doesn't cause problems for some computer configurations but with others it does, basically with Wattman, even though it is not installed. But I don't know if some parts of Wattman is still being used by Professional Graphics drivers or not even though there is no option to install it. 

Hi elstaci,  yeah LOL i have really picked at these cards alot, but at some point everything was working good :^) 

i was running on older drivers 17Q4.1..  did a clean custom install to 17.12, all was good.. did the same to install the 18.2 & 18.3 gaming drivers, then poof everything crashes.. iam going to just wait until i finish a project here, then i will DDU in safe mode, reinstall to see if that works..  

0 Likes

Is your GPU card still being Overclocked by MSI Afterburner as per the other thread?

Maybe if you put your Card back to "Default" settings it might start working again correctly.

0 Likes

after a DDU i finally managed to install Adrenaline..  but drivers are still abit crappy i see..

was curious to see if iam running a multi GPU system, would i still have Driver Options available & yes i do !

tho still in Gaming mode, there is no Crossfire support.. no Wattman of course.. if i switch back to Pro mode then i get Crossfire back..  switching back to Gaming again i lose Crossfire, so Adrenaline functionality is basically pointless in Gaming mode..

Screenshot (31).png

Screenshot (33).png

Screenshot (32).png

0 Likes