Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

JinGyuChoi
Adept I

Radeon Pro w5500 Freeze symptoms

I purchased a W5500 graphics card.

Strangely, after playing a video, when sharing the screen through zoom, the computer freezes.

I tried formatting and tried several methods, but the computer freeze doesn't go away.

I tried to change the driver version as well, but it is the same symptom.

I sent an RMA this time, but there was a problem and it was being returned without arrival.

When I get it back, I'd like to check if there are any tests that I didn't have.

What is the problem?

My Spec

i9 - 7900x

Asus Rampage Ome3ga

64GB 3200mhz RAM

0 Likes
20 Replies

It is best to wait until you receive your Professional GPU card and have it installed plus your computer information including AMD Driver that you currently have installed so that AMD Forums Professional GPU AMD @fsadough can help you with your problem to determine if your Professional GPU card is defective or not.

0 Likes

Thank you for answer.
I had this problem and contacted AMD, and I tried all the tests, but the same symptoms appeared.
I need to send my card to receive an RMA soon, but I want to test it before sending it.

The information is not sufficient to debug the issue. Can you please provide an AMDZ Report?

AMDZ Report
- Please extract the amdz-v288.zip available from https://we.tl/t-bQfdBg4Ygt
- Run amdz.exe file as an Administrator
- Select “Save All“ and “TXT“ as the output format
- Click on the blue button to save the report
- The .txt file will be saved in the same folder where you extracted the zipped file

shamllakh
Journeyman III

Same here ... 

Since the moment i plugged in the Radeon Pro W5500 and connected it to My SAMSUNG Monitor via DisplayPort Cable, my PC Keeps on Crashing and rebooting. I tried installing all versions of drivers, but no luck. Now, i had to use DisplayPort to HDMI adaptor, and currently testing it now (max resolution 1920X1080 60Hz, which is very poor)

0 Likes

And same here:

The information is not sufficient to debug the issue. Can you please provide an AMDZ Report?

AMDZ Report
- Please extract the amdz-v292.zip available from https://we.tl/t-bQfdBg4Ygt
- The .txt file will be saved in the same folder where you extracted the zipped file

0 Likes

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem whereby the W5500 crashes my entire PC (i.e. only a hard restart will cure it). Is the AMDZ Report tool still available from that link?

0 Likes

Yes, it is still available for the next 3 days.

0 Likes

It's not working for me - the "Download" button is greyed out. Do you have another link? Alternatively, is it the same as the AMD Bug Report Tool?

0 Likes

Try this one:

AMDZ Report
- Please extract the amdz-v292.zip available from https://we.tl/t-tsS3qXetai

0 Likes

Thanks - it worked!  Is there a way for me to send the txt file to you directly?

0 Likes

You can use Wetransfer to send the txt file or try direct message here.

0 Likes

Sorry about this but I can't see the option to send a direct msg.  Do I need to add you as a Friend first?  Otherwise is there an email address I can use to send you the file via WeTransfer?

0 Likes

Sorry, I can't publish my email address on the forum. Use Wetransfer

0 Likes

OK, here's the file: https://we.tl/t-BECG7axEaW

Could you confirm when you have it so I can take down the link?

0 Likes

Looks like you are running your workstation GPU in a Dell Desktop OptiPlex 9020 with Intel Onboard graphics. Can you please make sure the Intel Graphics Software and driver is completely removed from your system?

1. You can do that by either using DDU tool or thru Windows Add/Remove programs.
  2. If this doesn't resolve your issue, we can try to update the VBIOS for your GPU.  Enable PM in your profile and send me your email address, so I can provide you with instructions
0 Likes

Thanks. Confirmed the Intel driver has been totally removed from the system using DDU. Could we try the VBIOS option? I think I've enabled the PM function.

0 Likes

Can you send me a PM?

0 Likes

I can receive PMs but I don't have the "compose message" option. I only registered on this forum yesterday. Is there a time lag before I can send PMs?
0 Likes

Check your settings:

fsadough_0-1623418578185.png

0 Likes

Thanks.  It looks like I don't have that option yet. Here's my settings menu:

Screenshot 2021-06-11 143902.jpg

0 Likes