cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mutantxdvd
Adept III

Radeon Pro W5500 artifacts in games

I tried 20.q3.1, 20.q3., 20.q2.1 i get artifacts in doom, watch dogs, and various other games. completely unplayable. 

Devs please look into this, forced to use 20.9.1 which isn't bad, but the performance in enterprise drivers are better. shame i can't use any of the enterprise drivers on my card. 

0 Likes
2 Replies

Does the GPU artifacts occur any other times besides during game times?

Sometime if the GPU card is overheating could be a major factor in a GPU creating artifacts or the GPU being overclocked causing the GPU to run hotter than normal. 

Also a defective GPU card will cause artifacts to occur but generally all the time and not during just playing games.

If it only occurs during gaming which puts a large load or stress on the GPU card it could be overheating during game play if you don't have it overclocked that is.

Is the GPU card's Fan running at maximum when playing games? 

Make sure the Manual Fan control in Radeon Pro is set at a aggressive mode and working correctly.

Try stress testing your GPU with a program like OCCT or Furmark Fuzzy Donut and see if the artifacts occurs. If artifact occurs during the stress testing check the temperature of the GPU card.  Could indicate a defective GPU card or overheating issue.

0 Likes

I FOUND the issue with doom, had to lower TSAAX8 to SMAA1. Will figure out the other games soon for a fixed.

Doom in Vulkan i get artifacts, openGL i get none.

watch dogs i get slightly artifacts sometimes

saints row 3 i get slightly artifacts sometimes.

Temps are fine, gpu temps are fine, i don't OC, i just bought 3dmark no problems at all. with no test. seems like its a driver issue , because i also get the same issues with adrenalin 20.9.1