cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

brunhildjr2
Adept II

Radeon Overlay starts showing CPU details after installing chipset drivers A SECOND TIME

I installed the chipset driver with no issue (from MSI, latest one available) and Radeon Overlay was only showing GPU details.

After simply installing the chipset drivers a second time more details are shown in the overlay (for CPU). I never saw the overlay showing this so I am wondering if they should even show...? Is this implemented and went live or I just stumbled into this by mistake and they shouldn't even be showing?

Or am I doing something wrong when installing and they should show after installing chipset right away ...?

Ryzen 5 3600, MSI B 450 Tomahawk Max, Sapphire Radeon Rx 580 Nitro 8G

12323.PNG

0 Likes
1 Solution

The cpu metrics in osd was added maybe 5 months ago.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

View solution in original post

4 Replies

The cpu metrics is live, i don't remember when they were introduced.

As for the msi chipset version, you would have to ask them as it's a modified amd version.  

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Thing is I never knew this is even a thing. If you know, was this introduced months ago or years ago? Because I never saw it and was not aware it exists.  I guess  I will try the latest amd chipset from the drivers page and see if the first install will do it, but i think i tried it and it wasn't showing, just the gpu settings only as always.

0 Likes

The cpu metrics in osd was added maybe 5 months ago.

ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

Its possible that during the second installation missing files from the first installation were recovered.

Been seeing this a lot lately not just with drivers and hardware specific control software but in game updates and windows updates as well.

Sometimes you have to install the same software 2 or 3 times just to get all the files to download correctly or you have to verify file integrity 2 or 3 times just to get a game update to install correctly.

I've actually been having this issue with Steam Game updates for the past 2 years now.

Then you have to go into each individual update cache and clear out all the clutter or it leads to random freeze ups crashes stuttering screen artifacts black screens no signals tearing and many other issues.

I really miss Windows XP and 7 no hassle easy to configure and no Microsoft spyware.

0 Likes