cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ricardojrs
Adept I

Re: Drivers not working on my PC. What's happening?

Sorry man, besides Photoshop and Illustrator, i don't really know how to do stuff on my computer. In terms of computer understanding, i have some difficulties, because i haven't done none of the things you guys have been helping me. Please bare with me for a second, and help me out in a walkthrought mannor.

Can you do that? If yes, walk me throught. What is the first thing i need to do?

Appreciate

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

kingfish re-edited the link to the correct one. I deleted my link since it is now the same link as the previous comment.

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Download a small free program called SPECCY. This will probably show what BIOS you have installed plus other hardware information and post a picture of the Motherboard or General tab.

Did you upgrade your Laptop from Windows 8 to Windows 10?

Follow kingfish​ links on how to install AMD Drivers in a laptop: Laptop graphics update...How to

And:

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

You must disconnect from the internet until you have finished uninstalling/installing the AMD graphics. Disable it or pull the ethernet cable. After you have downloaded the correct AMD driver and DDU...you do not need the internet to install them. This prevents Microsoft from trying to install any driver when you are rebooting.

This is my basic procedure for installing AMD Graphics on a regular Computer:

install AMD driver:

1) Download the correct AMD Full Set of drivers from AMD Support. Make sure your Windows is fully updated via Windows Update. Windows Must be fully updated because the latest AMD Drivers requires all the latest "Optional" and "Recommended" updates to be installed.

2) Use Windows Uninstall to uninstall current AMD driver and software and disconnect the internet from your computer. Then use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from Wagnardsoft  Forum in Safe Mode. This will eliminate all traces of the AMD driver and software from your computer.

Delete C: \ AMD folder from the Root Directory. Reboot

3) Go to Device Manager and click "Display Adapter" and make sure you are on the MS Basic Display Adapter. If not, uninstall the AMD driver using Properties.

4) Try reinstalling the AMD FULL SET OF DRIVERS that you have downloaded manually. Make sure you disable the Internet to prevent Windows from installing a newer version. So configure windows to prevent it from updating drivers via windows update. So it has been mentioned to disable any anti-virus programs before installing AMD Drivers.

5) If the new AMD drivers installs and works correctly, delete again the C: \ AMD folder from the root directory. To save space on the HDD.

6) Enable both the Internet and Anti-Virus program (if applicable).

7) Go back to Device Manager and check your GPU card driver is working and identified correctly.

ricardojrs
Adept I

First of all, thank you for all the help.

Second, i tried to find this speccy software on the web in order to install, but, all the inks direct me to some other software ( one of the softwares was this one called Win Tonic)

Third, yes i have windows 10, and i predict that it is the lastest one.

0 Likes
kingfish
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

ricardojrs
Adept I

Alright, thanks

installed about now.

0 Likes
ricardojrs
Adept I

So my BIOS is:

Brand Insyde Corp.

Version 6.80

Date 01/10/2013

0 Likes
ricardojrs
Adept I

BIOS Version BR42771.016

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

can you upload an image of your SPECCY showing your basic computer hardware?

0 Likes
georges
Challenger

The HD7000 series under 7700series is legacy

So 7600M has legacy drivers