cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

octobersky0214
Journeyman III

Radeon Features Mysteriously Disappeared

About two weeks ago, I have noticed that many Radeon features and other options have mysteriously gone away, and I have not been able to get them back through any sort of changes in Windows nor Radeon settings. I no longer have the tab at the top bar to let me stream or record. I no longer have the small updates window on the home screen that is usually next to the upgrade advisor. I no longer have the ability to link a phone or any device and utilize the AMD Link feature. None of these features are accessible to me via the main overlay or sidebar. A few other options and features are missing too but I cannot recall what they are.

This issue did not occur after a windows or Radeon update. I manually update my OS and my Radeon, and I did not decide to update either before this issue occurred. I tried factory resetting the Radeon software which did not fix my issue. I still have Windows 10, but I believe I'm as up to date as I can possibly be without updating to Windows 11.

How do I get all of these features and options back?

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz

0 Likes
6 Replies

What graphics card, and what driver version/date/provider shows in device manager ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

This is copy & pasted from the Radeon overlay. Can't find the GPU in device manager.

GPU - Radeon RX 5500 XT - Primary/Discrete
VRAM - 8176 MB - GDDR6 1750 MHz
Graphics Card Manufacturer - Powered by AMD
Graphics Chipset - Radeon RX 5500 XT
Device ID - 7340
Vendor ID - 1002
Memory Bit Rate - 14.00 Gbps
Software Version - 2021.1005.1236.22698
Driver Version - 21.30.23.01-211018a-373652C
Provider - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

0 Likes

Device manager > Display adaptors ?

Is this a prebuilt pc (dell, hp......), and/or are you running Insider OS build ? 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Confirmed that the GPU is Radeon RX 5500 XT in device manager, thank you. This is a prebuilt Powerspec G164 I bought from a MicroCenter store near me. I believe I am not running an insider OS build.

0 Likes

This kept happening to me and I realized it was windows forcing an amd update to my system.

Might not be the same thing but that's exactly what happened with me at first and then I just couldn't open it any longer.

Used DDU to uninstall the driver (using safe mode/full clear etc), paused windows auto updates and reinstalled the driver and everything worked fine.

I'd try that and then take a look at ways to stop your system updating with drivers like that. It's really bloody annoying but it's a windows issue (if this is the same thing)

0 Likes

The windows store forced an AMD software update on me yesterday that removed my 21.12.1 standalone install and replaced it with a crippled windows store version and I didn't know it until after it had finished and proudly displayed a notice on my screen.

Once I realized it I uninstalled it and reinstalled the standalone version and it hasn't tried it again.

0 Likes