Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

xlox
Forerunner

radeon drivers / gpu clocks/ vram clocks

hello

not sure this happened in every version of drivers but i currently have 19.8.1 installed and when I start a game I usually have to close the game and have to restart computer and restart again the game to have my Radeon VII work properly as gpu clock get stuck under 1500mhz and vram under 800 mhz

the only way i found that is working is to restart the computer and restart the game

hope there will be a fix

0 Likes
2 Replies

Please give information about your system specs because without those it is hard to know how to help. 

Need. 

Motherboard. 

CPU. 

GPU.
RAM.

OS. 
HDD. 

Information. 

Do you have MSI Afterburner installed with extended overclocking range set by any chance? 

I would remove all 3rd party overclocking tools and do a fresh driver install as follows. 

I suggest you go here: Official Display Driver Uninstaller DDU Download 

Download DDU. 

Download the version of AMD Driver you want to install. 
Disconnect from the Internet completely. 

Boot into safe mode. 

Run DDU and uninstall all traces of previous AMD Driver. Also run Nvia Driver uninstall if you had an Nvidia GPU Previously. 

Reboot into normal mode, making sure you are still disconnected from the Internet. 
Run the AMD Driver installer. 
Reboot. 
Then and only then reconnect to the Internet. 
Good luck. 

0 Likes

asus strix x570-f

3700x

radeon VII

trident Z gold (4400mhz)

windows10 pro

sdd+hdds

no afterburner installed

yesterday i switchback to 19.7.5 , didn't had the problm anymore (for the time i played)

today because of x570 chipset update installation problems I reinstalled 19.8.1 (using DDU), but not had the time to test in game for the moment

edit : ok just tested quickly it seems ok with 19.8.1 for the clocks , but that's only a quick test , will see in time (... i was using amd overlay to display info before maybe it could come from this, too, i don't know) ...

0 Likes