Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

okano14
Adept II

Radeon display driver black out during install

Hi there,

The Window crashed last night, after a fresh re-install of Windows and windows update are completed, i found that i cannot install the Radeon display driver by any means

Spec

AMD 3600

Sapphire RX5600XT display

Aorus X570 Elite 

Windows 10 - ver 1909 and completed all windows update (as of 4/4/2020)

Issue

During installation of 20.4.1 in normal window, the installation crash in the mid way, and windows then cannot be booted up again

If i install the 20.2.2 in safe mode, installation completed successfully but still windows jam and black screen during the next normal boot

Window can be fired up again after using AMD DDU in safe mode. 

Quite frustrated as i don't know what is going on at all.... 

6 Replies
okano14
Adept II

found a few more cases with the exactly same symptoms in reddit

RX 5600 XT, Unable to install graphics drivers : realAMD 

i suspect that the windows update may be the culprit (ironic isn't it?), hope AMD can look into this direction... 

0 Likes
warsun
Challenger

Set your driver to default

Uninstall your driver an install this one.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-17-9-1 

0 Likes

hi there, thx for the advice but it is not working

0 Likes
cyberat
Journeyman III

Put all windows updates on Manual Only. Let it notify you before download or install, then hide any and all Hardware drivers from Microsoft. Clean install AMD drivers (uninstall the Microsoft one even if it says AMD) and do the recommended reset of preferences (20.2.2). This is also the last WHQL certified version, do not play the guinea pig beta game. Video Drivers do not need update unless something is wrong from get go or the files have gone corrupt. Don't let lazy game programmers tell you it will solve their problem.

0 Likes

thanks dude, as mentioned, 20.2.2 is not working, it just simply can't install

0 Likes
aeurias
Journeyman III

Same issue here, got an RX 5600 XT and driver doesn't install and/or Windows crashes on startup. Only works in safe mode or with windows basic display driver in normal mode.

0 Likes