cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Rainles7
Journeyman III

Radeon Chill

Hello, i have seen the Radeon Chill option on my Radeon RX 580, and i am very interested on it, but i play with gamepad.

I am very interested on having lower FPS when im quiet or just chatting with friends.

I have tried and read it, that when u press "w" walk key in most games, the FPS raise a bit, and when you use cursor it raises more.

My question is: Would it be possible to make that a bit more editable? Like... i want the first little fps to raise when pressing a 1 key of my choice, or many keys of my choice will trigger it (like 7 different keys on my keyboard can trigger it, or also for not trigering when chatting, being able to set key combinations to activate it too), and the same with the cursor option, another key(s) of my choice. Also 2 maybe a timer, a timer that you can edit, that when you stop moving for 2s, your fps will not go down and need to raise again, lets say that i can set it this way: 60 FPS minimum and 90 FPS max, and i am playing using all the keys to raise FPS, i will want to keep it at 90 FPS until im done playing, so i can set that if I press any of these keys before than 30s have happened, it will restart the counter, so that i dont loose my FPS while in battle, and then if i dont press any of these keys during the 30s, it will lower fps (if i just press the little FPS raise keys, it will down to for example 75 FPS after the 30s of 90FPS, and restart counter for 30s at 75 FPS, that will not down to 60 FPS until counter is finished, but if you press 90 FPS key it will instantly raise to 90 without need to wait, as it is an increase).

What do you think? can something like that be done? would be awesome for players to choose their own keys and configurations to play awesome and with a config that will let the graphics card work only when necessary.

0 Likes
1 Reply

Forget it. 

You are wasting your time. 

Been requesting they fix Chill for years. 

You need to drop FPS by lots to save significant power. (Chill Min = 30.) 
You need to set Chill_Max to 300 to have keyboard only input of 56 FPS. 
You will want to game with VSync off to avoid laggy experience. 
They tied FRTC Slider to Chill Max in Adrenalin 2020 and removed Global and Profile FRTC slider that was in Adrenalin2019 19.12.1. 

Therefore waggle your mouse fast and you can hit 300 FPS which is > FreeSync Range, you get screen tear, and uses extra GPU power.

Sad thing is all of this is easily fixable, by modding existing Chill variables, and mouse can be set to not affect FPS at all. 

Can AMD Radeon Team distinguish between 
Their rear end. 
and 
Their elbow. 
on Radeon Chill? 

Answer = no.