cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

colesdav
MVP

Re: Radeon Chill is broken in 20.1.3. because AMD have tied Global FRTC to Chill_Max and rapid mouse movement is no longer limited to Chill_Min.

Here is the problem report summary.

It is a general problem with games that support Radeon Chill.
Setting the Chill Hotkey in any of the Adrenalin 2020 drivers does not work at all for me.
Last one tested is the Adrenalin 2020 20.2.2 driver.
If I set Alt+W which is what I set in Adrenalin 2019 driver, it works.
If I set Alt+W or other keys in Adrenalin 2020 20.2.2 the Chill Hotkey I set does not work at all. The only thing that works is F11.
If I install Adrenalin 2019 and I then update the driver to Adrenalin 2020 20.2.2 using Device Manager to point to INF directory I get the Adrenalin 2019 GUI and the Adrenalin 202.2.2 drivers. In that case using this mixed driver setting Alt+W also fails. The only thing I can use is F11.

So it looks like something in the ADRENALIN 2020 Driver that hooks into the GUI setting on both Adrenalin 2019 and 2020 gui is broken.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Re: Radeon Chill is broken in 20.1.3. because AMD have tied Global FRTC to Chill_Max and rapid mouse movement is no longer limited to Chill_Min.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Note that Radeon Chill is Disabled if Radeon BOOST is used.
Therefore use of Chill_Min = Chill_Max to control maximum Frame Rate is impossible.

This is yet another reason to request that the separate FRTC slider to Chill is put back into the driver.

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

WCCFTech: Radeon Chill Effectively Replaced FRTC 

" Those wanting to set it to work like FRTC simply set the minimum FPS and Maximum FPS to the same number".

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Yes I know about that.
Not the same thing though.
The above describes how I am using Chill and why tieing FRTC to Chill_Max and removing the FRTC slider is absolutely wrong.
Also congratulations as Radeon Boost and Radeon Anti-Lag turn Chill off so you cannot use Chill as FRTC limiter by setting Chill_Min = Chill_Max.

lucianx
Adept I

Radeon Chill is still utterly and completely broken on 20.4.1...And while I do love my 240Hz monitor, it seems the only way to keep my games from breaking and or going above 240 is to stay locked on 19.10.2, as FRTC WORKED. I understand I'm technically part of the minority, but last I checked there's a pretty solid push for high-refresh displays...so maybe it can get fixed one day? 

Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X

16GB RAM 
RX 580 4GB

Windows 10 PRO

0 Likes