cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

orl_cz
Adept I

Radeon breaks X-Plane 11 Plugins

Upon updating to Radeon 21.4.1, pop-up windows from plugins appear blurry and are unreadable per screenshot.

IT IS VULKAN PROBLEM, OPENGL WORKS FINE

Others have also experienced the same issue.

Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-21.8.2-Win10-64Bit-Aug27 solved this problem

older topic is mark as Solved, but itś not right!! (Solved: Radeon 21.4.1 breaks X-Plane 11 Plugins - AMD Community)

BUT NEWER DRIVERS BRAKES IT AGAIN!!!!

Every update, I am seending bug report and still no solutions.xpl.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution
orl_cz
Adept I

We've waited a long time, but we can celebrate. Radeon 21.12.1 fixes problem with Vulkan

View solution in original post

9 Replies
orl_cz
Adept I

21.11.1 the same bug

0 Likes
FlyingCat
Adept I

21.11.2 the same bug

0 Likes

me too

0 Likes
orl_cz
Adept I

We've waited a long time, but we can celebrate. Radeon 21.12.1 fixes problem with Vulkan

im currently using the 21.12.1 version but i still have the same problem.

Its painful to go back to an older version just to fix x-plane (Forza Horizon 5 & other newer games wont work with older driver like the 21.8.2 resulting in fps peformance drops)

Screenshot 2021-12-14 145818.png

EDIT : Plugins still wont work (e.g. XPrealistic, SAM Library, etc)

You're not alone I'm having this same problem, the only driver that works for me is 21.3.1 and before, 21.8 doesn't work for me. The crashes only occur when I have plugins installed.

0 Likes
ZaYn91
Journeyman III

Im not sure if im the only one who have this 'unique' problem which 'greyed-out and flickering' all of my plugins and sometimes the game crashes with an Error : Encountered Critical Vulkan Error

i have been tried to downgrade to 21.8.2, 21.3.1 (and even the 19.x.x. In a nutshell, every older drivers that have been suggested by the community).

I guess this is one of many reasons why Nvidia has so many users than AMD. 

This video explains my problem (its imposibble to record the 'Encountered Critical Vulkan Error" because everytime it happens, my laptop will not respond, in other word, it will be crash) :

0 Likes

I cannot view the video for whatever reason.

0 Likes
javierfar
Journeyman III

Hello There,

It seems that Adrenalin 22.7.1 fixes at least some problems.

I have a Ryzen 7 with RX Vega 10 graphics that did not display plugin windows using Vulkan (X-Plane 11.55r2, Windows 10 64-bit).

This is the first version that worked for me, although there is a significant frame rate drop when any plugin is shown.

I had given up on this scenario until I read this in the release notes:

"Highlights: ... Additional Vulkan® extensions. Click XXXX for more information. ..."

Hope this helps anyone.

0 Likes