cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Adept II
Adept II

Radeon Adrenaline Edition GTA V Artifacts

Hi. I installed latest drivers(radeon software adrenaline edition) today and played GTA V. I saw some artifacts after some particle effects happen in the game. It's hard to describe; i'm gonna upload a video.

2017.12.14-17.40 on Vimeo

0 Kudos
29 Replies
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Radeon Adrenaline Edition GTA V Artifacts

I have an Asus Strix R9 380x, i have been having nothing but problems ever since they introduced Wattman into their drivers. Sometimes i could fix these problems but recently it has been a disaster as my own fixes could not fix 100% all applications i use. I wish they gave us the option to disable this serious handicap from their drivers as it only overrides settings that are made to support our aftermarket graphic cards 100% by the companies themselves(Asus/MSI/SAPHIRE/GIGABYTE etc...), there is no way Wattman can provide the same settings to all these graphics and make them run optimal.

My main issues with GTA 5 and other games have always been random GPU crashes. Recently i have been having issues keeping those crashes away from happening by tweaking wattman settings as the default settings not only run my graphic card underclocked but also unstable with voltage settings I have never had before wattman was created by AMD(it even removed completly my silent fan feature that was part of the purchase of this GPU...).

->Lets forget about the crashing and focus on the thread topic which is why i am here.

Today i installed the new drivers labeled Adrenaline Edition with some sort of "hope" for positive changes, and I ended up experiencing the exact same issue as the original post. Every single particle effect in game(extremely visible everytime you do a burnout or hit your car against something) and other types will show random artifacts all over your screen and its literally annoying.

My drivers were clean installed.

My PC was formatted 2 days ago.

My PC is clean from viruses and registry errors.

My Graphic card has no power issues.

My Graphic card was tested with default, OC profiles and my own tweaks, nothing helped.

My system is extremely low on temperatures as it also is Winter.(Cpu rarely ever goes above 42ºC, GPU never exceeded 62ºC)

My GTA 5 is up to date and clean installed.

I tried every single setting increase and decrease regarding particles and there was literally no impact on stopping artifacts from happening.

PC info------------------------------------
Mobo: Asus Crosshair IV FormulaCpu: AMD Phenom II X6 BE 1100T

Gpu: Asus Strix R9 380x 4GDDR5Ram: Kingston 1333Mhz Cl9 2x4GDDR3

PSU: Corsair AX850

Cooler: Noctua NH-D14

----------------------------------------------

I'm getting tired of your drivers AMD, and this was my last GPU i purchased from you, until the day we have the ability to completly disable wattman from overriding our GPU settings i will never ever pruchase another AMD graphic card again, it has been years and i'm still far from getting close to the stability and performance it was delivering on first 2 drivers. I hate Nvidia and theyr greed, but this issue with wattman is pure incompetence and stubborn practice and will make me get one instead.

Hoping soon for a driver fix.

Regards,

Sergio

*edit1: someone claimed to have solved this issue by dropping down the shaders quality on the graphics menu. I did not test myself as I am currently downgrading my drivers back to 17.7.2.

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hello! I am the owner of r9 285 and after installing the new driver 17.12.1 I experienced the same thing as you had on video, on version 17.11.1 this was not there, it appeared only after updating the driver with a clean install.

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hi. I'm an owner of a R9 380 4GB XFX with AMD Radeon Adrenalin 17.12.1 installed and i have the same issue as you have on video. I have installed a previous version and it doesn't have this issue. Please AMD FIX THIS.

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

After the netflix problem now this, frustrating!!

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Same here... amd radeon r9 380 and amd fx 8350. With the latest driver I have a lot of problems during my gta 5 sessions. random graphic artifacts and i don't know what to do...  moreover, I have a small youtube channel: because of this problem I can't record new gta video. Amd is causing me serious problems. Probably this will be my last amd graphic card. Better to bet on nvidia gpu, and not because of the graphic card but for the drivers support and software. they really suck!!!

if someone has found a temporary solutions for this issue he will be bless by the gods

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

You can always download older drivers, for example I find that 17.7.1 is the most stable version and I don't have any issue with that. However I found out that the graphic artifacts disappear in 17.12.2 (or 17.12.1) if you set your Shader Quality to Normal but I still feel there is something wrong performance wise, like minor stutters here and there but I'm not quite sure if it's a placebo effect or it's real.

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

the same happens in my configurations, FX-8350 and R9 380 4gb, the friend Skylion gave a temporary solution that worked for me, if you decrease the quality of the Shader in the game options to normal, the graphic artifacts disappear, that is the provisional solution until amd launch a new driver.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I've also provided to downgrade my cpu clock and the gpu memory of 100 MHz and now no crash at all. I've tested it for about 2 hours and all is good. The program is msiburnerd. I definitely think it's a driver problem

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

no solutions. I've to use the 16.6.1 driver version in order to play on gta. that driver is stable (but sucks on new games like ac orgins)

0 Kudos