cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Radeon Adrenalin 18.7.1 Chill Settings and FRTC in Game Profiles at game launch. Fix needed?

Hello,

I have been running Radeon Chill primarily on the games that are supported with Radeon Chill.
I do not find that Radeon Chill works in a way that I can get power savings and acceptable frame rates with keyboard only input.
I have been asking for more information regarding what is the list of supported and properly working games according to AMD.
That discussion is here: Where can I find a list of games defined by AMD as supported and working properly by Radeon Chill in...

I was asked by kingfish to invesitgate if an FRTC related bug was affecting Radeon Chill testing and results.
For now I upload some screenshots and some basic information.

I will have to update this post later with more information and explanation so please understand I am just capturing some data at this point.

Thanks.

0 Likes
29 Replies

This is a quick look into how FRTC and Chill Min and Chill Max settings behave during game launch.

0 Likes

Global Graphics Settings as follows.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

I was asked to turn on the histogram in the Profile Wattman and check if this had any effect on Chill settings at launch.

0 Likes

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Having turned on histogram in Profile Wattman  I was asked to reboot the PC and then launch a game from the profile setting again and check Chill Min, Chill Max and FRTC values in Wattman and the Radeon Overlay.

0 Likes

After Reboot, check the settings again before launching the game from the profile. pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

I now return to the following thread Where can I find a list of games defined by AMD as supported and working properly by Radeon Chill in... to show what happens when I test Radeon Chill on Hitman DX12 MultiGPU on and off.

0 Likes