Radeon 8750M computer freeze while instaling crimson relive 17.5.2-may 17

My system:

AMD Graphics Card HD8750M

Laptop Lenovo G500;

Operating System Windows 10 64bit;

Driver version installed 15.200.1050.0

CPU Intel I3 3110M ;

RAM 8 GB DDR3;

Hi all. Yesterday i formated my hard disk and installed windows 10 pro 64bit. Everything works fine untill I attempt to install radeon driveres. In the middle of instalation computer freeze and after reset i cant log into windows- constat black screen. I installed system again and once more give drivers a try- same resault. I discovered that system works in safe mode, and after i recover it from restore point it works on automatically installed driver from 2015 by windows 10 update . From what i read on this forum its a problem with windows 10 automatic update. Is there any solution of this situation? thank you very much for answers.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

Re: Radeon 8750M computer freeze while instaling crimson relive 17.5.2-may 17

Disable automatic windows updates;

Use AMD's Clean Uninstall Utility tool to remove the driver from the system;

Hide AMD drivers update from the Windows Update using this tutorial (Windows 10 Forums );

After a restart, download and install the proper driver for your GPU.

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Same result- instalaton stucks in the middle and freezes computer. This time i can log into Windows after reboot. Any other tips? How it's possible that AMD releases drivers whitch cause so much troubles...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Seeing a number of posts re older G5xxs' having driver update problems on Creators Update.

Try Laptop graphics update...How to  

Maybe amdmatt or @ray_ m , have further suggestions.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb,
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have passed details of this issue onto engineering for investigation.

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I have the same issue like many others having Radeon 8750M on Windows 10 creators update. The only drivers installing properly are crimson and catalyst drivers upto 16.3.2. Any other driver after crimson 16.3.2 results in freezing the system while installing on the windows 10 creators update.

The latest crimson re live drivers are the usual suspects here which refuse to install on 8750M running windows 10 creators update. After two months of trying each and every possible procedure, I have requested amdmatt to raise a ticket about this issue. Hopefully AMD will come up with a stable driver for the 8750M on win 10 creators update which will resolve the issue. Till then you can install any driver upto crimson 16.3.2.

Waiting in anticipation AMD. Fingers crossed!

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

We managed to reproduce the issue. Appreciate your patience folks while we work on this bug.

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

This also happens in amd 8850m, but I am able to install more current version without freeze, it is 16.7.3, if I try to install other version after that 16.7.3, it freezes and i have to enter in safe mode to uninstall. Im glad they managed to reproduce this issue. Hope they fix soon.

My system:

AMD Graphics Card HD8850M

Dell Inspiron 15R 5537;

Operating System Windows 10 64bit;

Driver version installed 16.7.3

CPU: Intel I7 4500U;

RAM: 8 GB.

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Its 2018 and still not fixed.

Any plans on working on that issue ?

I tried disabling driver signatures and then install.

I tried to install in safe mode.

I tried reinstall OS nothing worked.

Installation freezes or if i manage to install in safe mode, PC freezes on  boot.

ativ book 8 Win10x64

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Its 2020, made a clean install (Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.9.1 Recommended (WHQL)) on a fresh Win10x64 system and it ended up the same: operating system completely dead and unresponsive.

Thankfully d3f's solution from this thread seems to work: https://community.amd.com/thread/211667 

0 Kudos