cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Radeon 6870 Catalyst 15.11 low GPU load, load spikes

Win 8.1 64 updates (clean install, no catalyst reinstallation)
CPU: Phenom X1055T
Sapphire Radeon 6870
MB: ASUS M5A99X EVO rev1
Memory: Unganged Dual 8Gb 1600 corsair xms 1.5v
Skyrim details: Ultra, expect shadows and AA/AF 4/4
Battlefield 3 details: High
GPU usage spikes or always kept on low in Skyrim, battlefield 3 starts lag after 10-15 minutes of playing, and when GPU loading keeps on low. I attached gpu-z log where I start skyrim and entering Whiterun.

I experience this bug before with battlefield 3 on older catalyst(~2 years ago, so It must be catalyst 13.xx), so... this happens again. I did not remember which driver fixes that problem, but, battlefield 3 starts run very smoothly after I installed new driver (13.12/14.1 I didn't know), maybe someone will help to find that version?

I face with such situation in every year with diffirent cards, critical bugs in every catalyst release (I must always choose and test drivers for my tasks and for card), I have six AMD cards from 6670 to 7950 and, I really tired of that. Pls fix that already.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Radeon 6870 Catalyst 15.11 low GPU load, load spikes

Hi,

You can download the older drivers you are looking for at the following link.

Was my post helpful? If it was, please make sure to mark it as correct/helpful in order to help others.

0 Kudos

I didn't expect anything else, why I need downgrade driver for supported card? this is not normal at all.
I've installed 14.4 whql driver, skyrim now runs little smoother, but GPU load still 50-60%, I set skyrim settings on ultra AA/AF8/16 and get performance boost, gpu-z shows 60-86 % of loading. That is horrible, game released 2011/card released in 2010

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

I had a card PowerColor 6870 HD PowerColor Official Website - Graphics, Cases, Power Supply -- PowerColor HD6870 1GB GDDR5  , always dowload and install new drivers, the problems with the games was not, of course, in the modern game had to play at the minimum (or medium) settings.

0 Kudos

That system can run bf4 with 'medium to high' details and with 64 players on map easy, with at least 50 fps at 1600x900, I just want to play some "old" games on this card what can handle even easily than bf4, that was drivers bug. That card and system are rock solid stable, drivers are not

0 Kudos

I figured out why bf3 lags with a gpu low usage after some time (not on start like skyrim), I faced with it on 14.4 driver too, I turned off all traffic moderation/flow control/traffic control in my realtek driver and it's gone. I hope it will be useful in same situation

0 Kudos