Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

LexDK
Adept I

Radeon 6800 and Substance painter

Hi,

I have problems with Substance painter and my rx 6800. (think it is a driver issue) 

every time i try to color something it crashes substance painter after a shot stroke.

i have been googleling the problem and found its the gpu driver. apperently it has been a problem after ver 20.9.2.

but the 20.9.2 was the last working. (soma i was using without problems on my previus gpu)

the problem is i cannot downgrade the driver to 20.9.2 couse it is not compatible with rx 6800.

i have reinstalled substance multiple times and tried to reinstall windows to. also tried older version of substance.

anyone knows a possible solution?

5 Replies
Rusky
Adept I

Last night i faced the same issue.. RX6800 here aswell.
Googling didnt help at all..
I think the max we can do now is wait for Substance to hotfix it.

2021.01.27 substance take painter2021,I think they won't fix the 2020 issue
0 Likes
timmeyg
Adept I

Same here, Baking works fine, but as soon as I try to paint, Painter freezes. Same when working with fill-layers. Bummer...

wirrexx
Journeyman III

same same, and it's hard, me being a 3D artist and need this to work, AMD anything on this?

0 Likes
AesirHunter
Journeyman III

Same is happening to me with Radeon RX Vega 64, been trying different drivers with no solution at all, this problem need solution ASAP, lot of artists has been affected by this problems in the amd community. Really considering in the future to buy nvidia graphic card because of this issue, I need substance painter to work and this poroblem has been out there for a long time.

0 Likes