cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

nelterelson
Journeyman III

Radeon 535 (full power) and Vega 3 (power saving). Something is not right here.

Hello everyone!

This is my laptop specs

Model: Acer Aspire 3 (A315-41G-R5RI)
Windows: Windows 10 64 bit
Processor: Ryzen 3 2200U
GPU1: AMD RADEON 535 2GB VRAM
GPU2: AMD RADEON(TM) VEGA 3 512MB 
RAM: 12GB

The Radeon 535 doesn't seems to be detected by the software, and whenever i switched my laptop to high performance mode which is (Radeon 535 aka 530). My laptop become laggy and my game become laggy. FPS drops alot. games like (valorant,dota,genshin impact) become 10 fps

However, when I switched to Power Saving mode (Vega 3) my laptop become less laggy and i can play some of the game without FPS drops. My games become 40fps+ in Genshin Impact, Dota 2, Valorant.

Can some of you tell me why did it happened like this? I have updated all GPU drivers using the AMD automatic driver detection. But the software only detecs my Vega 3 driver, in the software list. And I dont see Radeon 530 displayed in the AMD Radeon Software.
I am so sad. It's been a year since I searched alot about this issues, I couldn't find one fixes for this. 

Please help!!!

0 Likes
7 Replies

Hey, I just did a quick search of your laptop model. I couldnt find a configuration that has both the Vega 3 integrated graphics AND the radeon 530. Are you CERTAIN your laptop actually has both? Sorry if this seems like a dumb/unnecessary question.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7600?b=1

Seems like you can enter the serial number here. Can you do so and paste the specs here?

0 Likes

Hello, I just typed my SNID in the specs mode. But the specs shows its wrong, thats not my laptop.... why???? ill just show you my specs through dxdiag.

nelterelson_1-1650187820420.pngnelterelson_2-1650187840637.png

nelterelson_3-1650187852989.png

nelterelson_4-1650187866775.pngnelterelson_5-1650187877719.png

is there any malfunction for my driver? this is so weird...

0 Likes

I would first use Acer's own AMD driver and see if the laptop works normally from here: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7600?b=1

VGA

VGA Driver

Date:2018/05/04

Version:17.40.3601.1004

Vendor:AMD

Size:369.4 MB

I would also update the BIOS to the latest version if yours is older than what is being shown. 

Before you install any drivers or update the BIOS make sure that above model is the one you have:
Screenshot 2022-04-05 080758.png
First install ACER own AMD driver. If your laptop works normally now try to update with AMD newer drivers.

If your laptop has a AMD APU Processor you must download the APU driver which will automatically install both the Radeon 535 GPU card and your Integrated Graphics.

If your laptop has an Intel APU processor make sure all of Intel's Drivers are up to date especially the Intel Graphics and CHIPSETs drivers.

Here is the latest Radeon 535 if you have an Intel APU installed: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-500-series/radeon-535

Use DDU to remove the current AMD Driver with the internet/Wifi disconnected and delete the AMD Installation folder at C:\AMD.

NOTE: Using AMD Basic Laptop Graphic driver most of the time it won't show the correct GPU card you have installed but it will show either the same Family or Series GPU card. But it will be compatible and will work.

Acer's own AMD Driver will show the correct GPU card model you have installed.
0 Likes

sorry, i dont understand.. what do you mean about the amd apu processor? I dont quite understand if i have that... how do i check? im sorry, im not really have intelligent abt computer issue haha... this is my first time doing this

0 Likes

Okay from your DXDIAG.exe it shows you have a AMD APU Processor - Ryzen 3 2200U. This is the AMD Driver you must download and install for your laptop: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-3-mobile-processors-radeon-vega-gr...

Screenshot 2022-04-09 210010.png

This AMD Driver package will install both your Processor's Integrated Graphics and your Radeon 530 driver.

0 Likes

I have download the installer. And while i want to install for my both driver, it shows me this.

nelterelson_0-1650355023802.png

it told me that my radeon 535 must be installed manually...

and i found out about this

nelterelson_1-1650355073616.png

which do you prefer... install the radeon 535 driver & software, or the one you have listed above??

im confused..

0 Likes

If you have a AMD APU Processor you need to install the APU Integrated Graphic driver. This should install both the Integrated and Discrete GPU drivers.

Okay I see your problem. You have a AMD Supported APU Integrated Graphics and a AMD Non-Supported Discrete GPU card RX535.

So this is the AMD driver which you need to install for both to work: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-21-5-2

Sorry I didn't notice that your Laptop's Vega Integrated Graphics is still supported but your RX535 is not supported anymore with AMD Driver updates. So the above is the last AMD driver for your Laptop which supports both the Vega and RX535 GPUs.

To answer your question download the AMD "Legacy" for the RX535.

0 Likes