cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dotExe_
Adept II

Radeon 22.2.2&22.2.3 driver causes the cursor to flicker in certain situations

Since 22.2.2 the cursor started to flicker in some moments which I don't see how they are correlated. First I saw it flickering while in Zoom/Webex calls, then while running virtual machines. After downgrading to 21.1.2 the problem is solved.

Laptop specs: R7 4800H, GTX 1050Ti, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; running Windows 10 Pro build 19044
I never run tasks to overload the processor, it mostly stays at 7%. Right now I run the VM in background, the processor stays at 8% and [I still have the 21.1.2 version] the cursor isn't flickering no more.

Edit: I installed version 22.2.3 and the cursor is blinking again. Strangely I can't record it directly, it's like Windows doesn't see it flickering.

Here's a video: https://streamable.com/395bv6

0 Likes
5 Replies
CaligoVereor
Challenger

Did only the cursor flicker for you? When I updated to 22.2.2 my whole main screen was flickering when scrolling through webpages that have videos on them (like Twitter). Going back to previous version fixed that.

0 Likes

Only the cursor.

And recently Chrome started acting funny: when I lose focus on the window to other fullscreen app, Chrome's window will stay completely blank, not even the top-right window buttons would be covered. All it takes is to click on the window to get it to update, but you can already imagine it's inconvenient.

0 Likes

Was checking the community forums while I downloaded 22.2.2. Seeing the issues I went back to see if I could get 22.2.1 which I had no problems with, and low and behold there is now a 22.2.3 available.

0 Likes
CaligoVereor
Challenger

Cool, updated to 22.2.3 and the flickering is back

0 Likes

I updated to 22.2.3 too, and the problem persists to some extend. I tried recording it, but when recording the screen it's seen like it doesn't happen.

Here's a video: https://streamable.com/395bv6

0 Likes