Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jaeger
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Radeon 2020, 60 FPS cap

Hi. I have this problem too. No matter what i do i get capped 60fps and that capped 60fps is far from being smooth. If i enable v-sync in game it is like it should be. I think that what happens here is when i play without v-sync enabled in game then game do not cap framerate, it renders fast as it can and driver or something else takes 60 frames out of those rendered frames and displays those and because there can be uneven amount of frames between those dispalyed frames it looks really stuttery and not smooth at all...

Now i know why PUBG without v-sync have been so bad experience...

0 Kudos
surface21
Adept I
Adept I

I was able to somehow fix this issue by moving all games to fullscreen (both in-game settings and on each game's individual radeon settings) and simply not touching amd software while I'm playing. I figured out that if I restart my pc and go on using it without opening amd settings/overlay/whatsoever at any given time, every game runs as it should for as long as I'm playing.

If I'm playing and I open amd settings, the next time I join a new match I'm instantly brought down to locked 75fps (my monitor's refresh rate).

This has been the only thing that worked out for me in months. Hope it can help you.

0 Kudos
saitama
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I fixed my by just deleting drivers and reinstalling

0 Kudos
tingdewey
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hi, I have a simular problem with the same card but i also have a temporary fix. bring up run by press windows button + R and type 'msconfig' youll be given 3 options about your start up change it to 'normal startup' if its on selective startup. this will only work until you shut down your computer again and then youll have to repeat the process. 

for me atleast it seems like a V-sync option is on in the services, as once i upgraded to 144hz monitor the frame rate changed and was now locked at 144 

0 Kudos
tingdewey
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Ok, so follow up to my last awnser, I was able to keep it unlocked by removing the Xbox apps from my computer. if you google how to delete them it should come up a safe way of doing, I dont want to give anyone the exact way I did it as when I booted up csgo after and looked my GPU stats both gave me a werid pattern for 2 minutes but went away after 

0 Kudos
mq1v
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

What happened when you deleted the Xbox apps? FPS unlocked everywhere or just temporarily?

0 Kudos
tingdewey
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Some games would unlock like rainbow six and red dead were unlock, so any games that werent were running through steam. but i was able to unlock steam games by disabling full screen optimization either through the windows settings for the games or using 'regedit'

0 Kudos
etank
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

FIXED!!!

If you are using windows 10 type settings into the search bar, select gaming.

1. Turn off Xbox Game Bar

2. Turn off Xbox Game Mode

Windows 10 was using the second one to globally cap my frame rates at 60 regardless of what I did with the AMD software!

0 Kudos