Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jordan72491
Journeyman III

Re: r9 390 keeps crashing

Sorry I was in a rush earlier. 

PSU: Corsair CX 850w (CP-9020099-NA)

I have tried new cables only 1 time. It was when I switched the cards out.

Motherboard: ASUS M5A99x EVO R2.0 AM3+, AMD 990X, SATA 6Gb/s

Theyre all the same sticks. I purchased them all together and they came in 1 pack. I will try removing them 1 by 1.

Still no crash yet since I removed the side and put a fan directly onto it. When it did crash before, sounds would still play and such. It would just be in a black screen and then kick back to desktop. You were able to restart the games after you ended the process via task manager.

Going to keep playing and see if anything changes.

0 Likes
wesbo
Adept II

The only time i've had the same error (black screen +  sound) is when I messed around with the paging file. Have a look if it hasn't been turned off ...

0 Likes
jordan72491
Journeyman III

Its not been touched.

0 Likes
wesbo
Adept II

Try doubling the default amount.

0 Likes
jordan72491
Journeyman III

So its crashed again. this time I monitored the temp. crashed at about 57c.  since the black screen/ crash ended I have turned off all programs and the GPU clock has been running at this (http://i.imgur.com/W16GlKX.png ) for the last 5 mins (IDLE ON DESKTOP). I had to restart the computer for the GPU to get off 100% on everything.

Also to note.. i didnt get a 3D error this time. it just went black and cut out after about... 45 mins of playing GTA V

Also... For the first time in a year the color of the temp gauge on the CPU cooler changed from white to red... it only happened after the GPU crashed... So im not sure if the liquit cooler cut off? or the CPU spiked? but im not sure how that could be connected. Just laying it out there for everyone to know how crazy its acting.

The CPU worked perfectly with my old card (r5 270) and it seems it doesn't want to upgrade, but I do.

0 Likes
john007
Exemplar

Hello,

Can you downclock your CPU just to benchmark the unit again? This could be temp related. You could reapply the thermal paste to the CPU and install again.

0 Likes