cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jordan72491
Journeyman III

r9 390 keeps crashing

Im having issues with my r9 390. After playing most game for a good 30 mins or so it will crash. Ive updated to the current AMD crimson drivers and when I unistall the old ones I follow the AMD removing process. Ive had this issue over the last 3 or so software updates. Other people I know have an AMD card and it doesnt happen to them. It seems to be only me with the 390.

This is the error I am getting.

Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
25 Replies
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: r9 390 keeps crashing

What game are you playing?

What AMD driver and OS are you using?

What are your full system specifications?

0 Likes
jordan72491
Journeyman III

So far its crashed with GTA V and Neverwinter. Im afraid to buy fallout 4.

Driver is the AMD Crimson Edition 15.11.1. is the one currently installed (15.300.1025.1001)           its crashed with the catalyst 15.11 beta as well

System:

CPU: AMD FX-8350

32gb ram

GPU: AMD r9 390

800w PSU

0 Likes
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

How many displays are you running?

Are you playing the games in fullscreen mode?

Are you streaming or watching a video at the same time?

Try the steps below to see if that resolves the issue.

Please uninstall all AMD Drivers, including chipset drivers using the following guide.

After all AMD drivers are uninstalled from your system, please scan and repair your Windows install for any errors or corrupt files, which could be causing issues.

To do this on Windows 7, simply follow the guide on this link. You will need to run command prompt as an administrator and type SFC /SCANNOW and hit enter. Once that scan is complete it should inform you of the outcome of the scan.

Please head to Windows Update and ensure you’re checking for and installing all available updates, including non-critical and recommended updates. You may have to restart your computer several times and check for new updates upon reboot of your computer before it’s fully up to date. It’s crucial to have all the available Microsoft Net Framework packages and service packs installed to use the Catalyst Control Center.

Please download and run DDU and click Clean and Restart.

Download Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta.

Please install our Catalyst Graphics Drivers following this guide. 

Has that resolved the problem?

0 Likes
jordan72491
Journeyman III

How many displays are you running?

just 1

Are you playing the games in fullscreen mode?

no. i play in windowed mode.

Are you streaming or watching a video at the same time?

I am not. Im sure its happened before while ive played.

Try the steps below to see if that resolves the issue.

Please uninstall all AMD Drivers, including chipset drivers using the following guide.

After all AMD drivers are uninstalled from your system, please scan and repair your Windows install for any errors or corrupt files, which could be causing issues.

To do this on Windows 7, simply follow the guide on this link. You will need to run command prompt as an administrator and type SFC /SCANNOW and hit enter. Once that scan is complete it should inform you of the outcome of the scan.

Please head to Windows Update and ensure you’re checking for and installing all available updates, including non-critical and recommended updates. You may have to restart your computer several times and check for new updates upon reboot of your computer before it’s fully up to date. It’s crucial to have all the available Microsoft Net Framework packages and service packs installed to use the Catalyst Control Center.

Please download and run DDU and click Clean and Restart.

Download Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta.

Please install our Catalyst Graphics Drivers following this guide.

Has that resolved the problem?

System check was good, uninstalled and used the DDU, reinstalled the drivers.  Im trying it out now to see if it works. Ill keep you updated.

0 Likes
jordan72491
Journeyman III

And its crashed again. Gave the same error. GTA also gave a 3D error after an hr or so.

0 Likes
jordan72491
Journeyman III

Previously when it happened I would get a blue screen + get a notification in the tray that said "AMD Display driver has stopped working and been recovered", also give the game error shown above. Now when it crashes, just the game shuts off and gives an error. This only changed after I updated to the Crimson drivers. So I can say that it has improved? But its still giving the 3D error. Just no more blue screens.

0 Likes
john007
Exemplar

Hello,

What does the Event Viewer state at the time of the crash?

0 Likes
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Try playing in fullscreen mode and if the same issue occurs.

Are other games crashing?

The next step would be to try an older driver version before this issue started.

0 Likes
jordan72491
Journeyman III

Warning: Display source event ID 4101   Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

0 Likes