cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mimz
Adept II

R9 380 with Relive 16.12.1 not working with MSI afterburner.

Hello all,

Installed those new drivers.

But now, I can't check values thanks to MSI afterburner like I did before (core clock and memory clock set to 0), and I can't even check GPU temperature. I don't really understand why.

I did not install the streaming part of the new drivers, because I'm not streaming, and don't think that my card has any compatibility.

So now, MSI afterburner is not working anymore, and there is no more radeon programm for checking system/temperature.

What can I do ?

Thanks for answer.

0 Likes
31 Replies
locodicegr
Miniboss

Re: R9 380 with Relive 16.12.1 not working with MSI afterburner.

Really? You dont need afterburner you have WATTMAN for that now!

0 Likes
genetizer
Adept I

I have an R9 380, and not only doesn't afterburner work for me, Wattman seems to have its memory frequency locked to the minimum value. Manual mode doesn't allow me to adjust any of the memory frequency sliders at all, and automatic just has them set to the minimum. I'm sitting at 150 MHz on bioshock when I should be getting 200 fps at 1080p easily, and BF4 doesn't even run, it freezes as soon as I open the application.

It makes sense that wattman wouldn't allow another program to override its overclocking settings, but this is ridiculous.

L4d
Challenger

I have a similar problem in GPU-Z; it will not recognize overclocked values, but WattMan seems to work as intended.

0 Likes
genetizer
Adept I

Yah My GPU-Z tells me the clocks are stock value, but when I click on the sensors tab, it says my memory frequency is 150 mhz, and my gpu frequency is going up to 1050, which is my overclocked value.

0 Likes
qwixt
Forerunner

I have had a lot of compatibility issues in games with Afterburner the past 1-2 months. It's so bad that I just uninstalled it.

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Afterburner has never played nice with Crimson for some users. There are some people, however, who do not seem to have any issues.

0 Likes
wolfehunter
Journeyman III

I've had MSI AB 4.20 installed and couldn't access my custom fan presets.  When I updated to Version 4.30 I would get black screen of death.  So this new AMD driver is messing with my fan settings.  I don't use wattman because its exclusive for AMD processor and not I7 intel.  So I going to have to reinstall earlier driver version till AMD stop restricting 3rd party programs.

toptek
Adept I

did you try a reset i got it working with 16.12.1 after i did afterburner reset .

0 Likes
wolfehunter
Journeyman III

yes it work thank you very much.  Deleting the MSIAfterburner.cfg file worked.

0 Likes