cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jza
Journeyman III

R9 380 Black Screen

Hi, Just got a new R9 380 4gb and when I play Hearthstone or general internet browsing/video there are no problems at all.

When I play overwatch however after a few min of gameplay all my screens will go black and I will be forced to manually reboot comp.

It seems this issue has happened for many in the past.  I have the newest driver and hotfix installed.

Please help !!

Thank you

0 Likes
11 Replies
jza
Journeyman III

Re: R9 380 Black Screen

Also I have tried the 15.7.1 drivers with same problem.

0 Likes
jza
Journeyman III

Any help please. Would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please try the steps below to see if it resolves the issue.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers.

5. Install Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta once the above is completed.

0 Likes
locodicegr
Miniboss

Yea ok i agree with all that, but its been like 6 monhts since that problem on 380 users,

Its been like so many crimson releases, and the solution is go back to catalyst..............

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

A temporary solution, we're working on fixing this R9 380 issue ASAP.

locodicegr
Miniboss

*ASAP* Alright then. Thanks for the answer.

0 Likes
jza
Journeyman III

Thanks Matt,

I will try when I get home from work.

Is there any chance that upgrading from Win7 to 10 could help?

0 Likes
toroberg
Adept II

No.

Had the same problems in W10.

I've switched to nVidia because of all these problems with the 300 series.

chin
Adept III

Crimson 16.5.3 has no more black screen issue on Divivsion. Not playing Hearthstone and Overwatch.

I am on Windows10Pro and Crossfire R9 390.